Graphics
Craptastic Nvidia 200 or something
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
First off, thanks to everyone on this forum for the great info and work. I recently purchased a refurbished Elitebook 8460p and have succesfully gotten Mavericks (w/ updates) installed. Things seem to work wonderfully until I put the laptop to sleep (I've tried manually and closing the lid). When it awakens, it will last anywhere from 10 seconds to 10-15 minutes and then :blammo: the machine reboots. After rebooting I get the screen about "your mac restarted unexpectedly..." I checked the error report it wants to send to Apple and it seems to indicate a kernel panic / segfault.

I know that sleep/wake problems are "known issues" listed in the guide, but I was wondering if anyone has any clue as to how to fix this or at least better troubleshoot which kext is causing the segfault (I didn't see much info in the log, and I would post one but I am actually at work right now).

I have disabled the suggested BIOS settings, but I do have virtualization enabled so I can use VirtualBox. Could this be causing an issue?

Thanks again for any pointers etc.

Please read the Rules.

"Animated avatars are not allowed".

Thanks in anticipation

First off, thanks to everyone on this forum for the great info and work. I recently purchased a refurbished Elitebook 8460p and have succesfully gotten Mavericks (w/ updates) installed. Things seem to work wonderfully until I put the laptop to sleep (I've tried manually and closing the lid). When it awakens, it will last anywhere from 10 seconds to 10-15 minutes and then :blammo: the machine reboots. After rebooting I get the screen about "your mac restarted unexpectedly..." I checked the error report it wants to send to Apple and it seems to indicate a kernel panic / segfault.

I know that sleep/wake problems are "known issues" listed in the guide, but I was wondering if anyone has any clue as to how to fix this or at least better troubleshoot which kext is causing the segfault (I didn't see much info in the log, and I would post one but I am actually at work right now).

I have disabled the suggested BIOS settings, but I do have virtualization enabled so I can use VirtualBox. Could this be causing an issue?

Thanks again for any pointers etc.

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

Thanks, see attached.

Attachments

• HackBook Pro.ioreg
    1.6 MB · Views: 102
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back