Contribute
Register

El capitan USB issues - possible fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RehabMan ioreg attached in case its needed.

Your FL1100-based USB3 card is at _SB.PCI0.PEX0.IOPP (pci1b73,1100@0). You can add an ACPI identity to it with an add-on SSDT:
Code:
DefinitionBlock("", "SSDT", 2, "hack", "FL1100", 0)
{
    External(_SB.PCI0.PEX0.IOPP, DeviceObj)
    Device(_SB.PCI0.PEX0.IOPP.FL11) { Name(_ADR, 0) }
}

If the card is causing a wake, it should show "Wake reason: FL11".

Your FL1100-based USB3 card is at _SB.PCI0.PEX0.IOPP (pci1b73,1100@0). You can add an ACPI identity to it with an add-on SSDT:
Code:
DefinitionBlock("", "SSDT", 2, "hack", "FL1100", 0)
{
    External(_SB.PCI0.PEX0.IOPP, DeviceObj)
    Device(_SB.PCI0.PEX0.IOPP.FL11) { Name(_ADR, 0) }
}

If the card is causing a wake, it should show "Wake reason: FL11".

Thanks RehabMan. OK, clearly need somewhat of a walk though here since I've never had to do this. Is this a good guide to look to for editing and creating SSDT as you suggest?

Thanks RehabMan. OK, clearly need somewhat of a walk though here since I've never had to do this. Is this a good guide to look to for editing and creating SSDT as you suggest?

The guide you linked has to do with CPU PM, nothing to do with the task you have in front of you.

SSDT already provided. All you need to do is paste it into a blank MaciASL (File->New) and save as AML (File->Save As, format: ACPI Machine Language Binary). Place in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched on your EFI partition.

Nothing attached.

If you move it, the SSDT will require changes.

Sorry about that. Must have some how detached. I’ve recreated it and reattached. I also decided to keep the card where it is.

On another note, I discovered something interesting.

In El Capitan I noticed for the card to function with my devices, I have to plug it into the power supply. Only then will the inateck pci-e 3.0 card work. If I do not plug it into the power supply, it is visible in system information as usb 3.0 hub, but it will not work with my devices. My system will, however, sleep.

For laughs, I tried booting into my windows partition and to my surprise I see the same behavior. The card is seen and useful, when plugged into power supply, but will not sleep. When unplugged, the card has the yellow error icons.

Attachments

• Eric’s Mac Pro.ioreg
    8.3 MB · Views: 154
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back