Contribute
Register

El capitan USB issues - possible fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still trying to fix the instant wake problem. I tried this procedure, but upon searching my DSDT with MaciASL there is no 0x0D or 0x6D. Now what?

Fix: Disable wake on USB in your bios.

Method: This happens on my system, i haven't got a ‘disable USB wake’ in my bios so i patch my DSDT to disable wake on USB. If you have that option in your bios, use that.
Here you have 2 options, use one and only one. Do the first one and if the search doesn't find (0x0D) go on to the next one.

Open you DSDT in MaciASL and do a search for (0x0D) if it finds matches then using the above instructions for patching your DSDT, patch it with the "USB3 _PRW(0x0D) and Rename XHC to XHC1” patch, then save your DSDT as DSDT.aml (as ACPI Machine Language Binary) into the EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched folder and restart your hack.

Open you DSDT in MaciASL and do a search for (0x6D) if it finds matches then using the above instructions for patching your DSDT, patch it with the "USB3 _PRW(0x6D) and Rename XHC to XHC1” patch, then save your DSDT as DSDT.aml (as ACPI Machine Language Binary) into the EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched folder and restart your hack.

Obviously you will have to wake the system up with the power button now, not the mouse.

when using MaciASL (with compiler option set to ACPI 5.0) and saving as ACPI Machine language Binary, I keep getting a compiler error on line 7. Stumped. Any ideas?

code 6126 syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_METHOD EXPECTING '{' and premature end of file

It simple copy and paste , but the script provided fails to compile.

appreciate...

** EDIT- I was able to compile successfully using tip from weberio's post, noting fix to the code on page 20 of this thread.

Last edited:
when using MaciASL (with compiler option set to ACPI 5.0) and saving as ACPI Machine language Binary, I keep getting a compiler error on line 7. Stumped. Any ideas?

code 6126 syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_METHOD EXPECTING '{' and premature end of file

It simple copy and paste , but the script provided fails to compile.

appreciate...

Errors cannot be diagnosed without the associated code causing the error.

Attach the file.

Thanks RehabMan..Here is the log file attachment from failed compile. Greatly appreciate everything you do to help us all.

** EDIT- I was able to compile successfully using tip from weberio's post, noting fix to the code on page 20 of this thread.

Attachments

• MaciASL_Log_Compile_error_line7.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Still trying to fix the instant wake problem. I tried this procedure, but upon searching my DSDT with MaciASL there is no 0x0D or 0x6D. Now what?

Fix: Disable wake on USB in your bios.

Method: This happens on my system, i haven't got a ‘disable USB wake’ in my bios so i patch my DSDT to disable wake on USB. If you have that option in your bios, use that.
Here you have 2 options, use one and only one. Do the first one and if the search doesn't find (0x0D) go on to the next one.

Open you DSDT in MaciASL and do a search for (0x0D) if it finds matches then using the above instructions for patching your DSDT, patch it with the "USB3 _PRW(0x0D) and Rename XHC to XHC1” patch, then save your DSDT as DSDT.aml (as ACPI Machine Language Binary) into the EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched folder and restart your hack.

Open you DSDT in MaciASL and do a search for (0x6D) if it finds matches then using the above instructions for patching your DSDT, patch it with the "USB3 _PRW(0x6D) and Rename XHC to XHC1” patch, then save your DSDT as DSDT.aml (as ACPI Machine Language Binary) into the EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched folder and restart your hack.

Obviously you will have to wake the system up with the power button now, not the mouse.

Upload your untouched DSDT

Matt

Could you give a summary I have the same board(ga-z87m-d3h) seems a mountain of info and steps to go through.

Much appreciated.

I'm not sure if I can improve on OP's instructions, sorry. I pretty much just did exactly what was written.

Update--system doesn't seem to respond to USB after a long sleep. At work now, but going to try the DSDT patch mentioned in OP when I can.

Update--system doesn't seem to respond to USB after a long sleep. At work now, but going to try the DSDT patch mentioned in OP when I can.

Try disabling hibernation...

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo mkdir /var/vm/sleepimage

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back