Contribute
Register

El capitan USB issues - possible fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This fix worked perfectly on my Z97X-UD7 TH hack with El Capitan :headbang:

BIG THANKS to Matt & RehabMan! :thumbup:

This is my second OS X Hack install, but my first with Clover, DSDT, injection, etc. So, the instructions for the sleep/wake issue are not as clear for me as was the guide for getting USB 3.0 working.

Can someone please spell it out step by step? It is the only thing that it not working for me (haven't tried iMessage yet). Sleep/wake and sound from wake were working before I applied the 3.0 fix.

Thank you once again for everyone's help and hard work.

Sorry for bugging everyone again, but I was wondering if I get a little help in spelling out the steps to stop the instant wake from sleep problem? Thanks.

it's working!! thank you!!!

hi matt,

well thanks to your thread, I have been able to enable the usb ports that were not functioning since upgrading, that's a great start :)

The thing is that the speed of a USB 3 device connected to a USB 3 slot is like, slower than USB 1 lol.

In the bios settings, I did find XHCI but only enable/disable options, I enabled it. enabled XHCI handoff and EHCI handoff, followed the rest by the book. What can I try from there to get the usb speeds right?

I hhaven't been able to fix my USB speeds, then again I'm a complete noob when it comes to this. Any advices on what to try next to get proper speeds for USB 2 and 3? Thanks!

I have a ga-z87m-d3h motherboard. The usb ports are showing in about this mac/system report but my usb3.0 external drive is not mounting. Where do I start. I am not a complete newbie. Point me in the right direction. Do I have an intel usb chipset? I have everything working with the exception of sound which I believe is alc892 (not too concerned about that as I use an external audio interface which incidently has no el capitan support currently.) All usb 2.0 ports appear to be working. Please help. I don't need to be lead by the hand just a rough idea of what is required. Can I use a simple patch in clover that kind of thing.
Really appreciate it.

PS: I have never used a patched DSDT on this system. Currently only fakesmc is injected on boot every other kernel extension is in S/L/E and L/E

Still wondering if someone can help with a step by step procedure for the instant wake problem? I just don't understand what I am supposed to do here. I have followed the procedure in the original post to get USB 3.0 working. The instant wake and dark monitor is the last piece to have a 99% functional system (no hand off).

Problem : System wakes up straight away when USB3 device plugged in.
Fix : Disable wake on USB in your bios.
Explanation: This happens on my system, i haven't got a disable USB wake in my bios so have had to patch my DSDT to disable wake on USB, add https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch to MaciASL and patch your DSDT with "USB3 _PRW(0x0D) and Rename XHC to XHC1"
Thank you.

Hi guys, I RehabMan (finally I found the Desktop thread ).

The guide on #1 post could be applied on system without SSDT?

For now, to reach a working USB port on my old P55A-UD4 I applied the RehabMan port injectors patch (EHC1 and EHC2 —— EH01 and EH02). All the USB 2.0 works, but not USB 3.0: mine are NES/Renesas.

I read that also RehabMan doesn’t know if exist a solution for that chip. But my question is: there is a workaround to make the USB 3 ports working at least like an USB 2.0 (some BIOS configuration, ad example)?
At the moment, if I plug an USB 2 device to the USB3 ports seems that they can’t power supply them (no led activity). The USB 3 ports seems dead.

Last question:
On El Capitan sleep doesn’t work for me, but with this Rehabman DSDT patch (found on the Web) at least my PC doesn’t reboot anymore (but there is fan activity and leds blinking: so, is not a real sleep).

#Maintained by: RehabMan for: Laptop Patches
#system_RTC.txt

# RTC fix
into device name_hid PNP0B00 code_regex (IO\s\((?:\s*[^,]+,\s*(?:\/\/\s.*)?\s*\n)+\s*)(\dx\d+)(,\s*(?:\/\/\s.*)?\s*\n\s*\)) replace_matched begin %10x02%3 end;

But resuming from “sleep” USB doesn't work anymore. I have to unplug and replug the device.

I read that the sleep issue could be fixed modifying the XWAK Method, but in my DSDT this method is missing (I have only _WAK Method). So, how can I solve the USB issue after resuming?

I uploaded my clover config.plist, DSDT.aml (with EH01 and EH02 edited, but without the RTC patch above) and my ioreg:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...53/lollo78.zip
If you want help me, I really appreciate it…

Worked flawlessly on my GA-Z87MX-D3H running Capitan! Works after sleep, too. I was having a terrible time trying to understand the other threads out there discussing this problem, thank you so much OP.

Worked flawlessly on my GA-Z87MX-D3H running Capitan! Works after sleep, too. I was having a terrible time trying to understand the other threads out there discussing this problem, thank you so much OP.

Could you give a summary I have the same board(ga-z87m-d3h) seems a mountain of info and steps to go through.

Much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back