Contribute
Register

El capitan USB issues - possible fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really out of my league with trying to get USB 3.0 working on my GA-Z97M-D3H. Stuck in the beginning stages.

What does this mean in the original post: "Than open RehabMan's version of MaciASL and change the compiler options to ACPI 5.0"

Thank you.

In MaciASL, go to preferences > iASL> Change to ACPI 5.0

Screenshot 2015-10-11 20.11.45.jpg

Thanks for this guide. Worked perfectly, can not confirm USB 3 speed yet, but USB 3 ports are working with usb 2 devices. I'll be doing some tests. Thanks again.

In MaciASL, go to preferences > iASL> Change to ACPI 5.0

View attachment 155847

Thanks, I figured it out. Got USB 3.0 working. But now I have instant wake on sleep and the monitor does not come back on. Have to do a restart.

Now I am really stuck. I don't understand the instructions and it says it is for a laptop. Did I just do all of this to fix my desktop and the instructions are for a laptop?

Thanks, I figured it out. Got USB 3.0 working. But now I have instant wake on sleep and the monitor does not come back on. Have to do a restart.

Now I am really stuck. I don't understand the instructions and it says it is for a laptop. Did I just do all of this to fix my desktop and the instructions are for a laptop?

RehabMan and Matt77303 worked on this for quite some time before Matt77303 came up with the instructions, and I believe they were posted before he discovered that he too, had instant wake and no display returning after sleep. I would see the original thread here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-desktop-support/171493-usb-driver-changed-again-pb6-31.html in the last few pages, for the work they did to try and resolve that issue. In the end Matt77303 ended up not using the solutions posted here due to the wake from sleep issues.

Do not worry that these instructions have a lot of Laptop items tied to them. RehabMan does most of his work out of the Laptop forums and many of the solutions are transferable between both systems. Matt77303 was most definitely working on a desktop (GA-Z97-D3H) when he created and worked on these solutions with RehabMan.

I added a bit to the original post about instant wake from sleep. On mine after I fixed that it also woke the screen up correctly.

Im using the exact instructions from the first post on my system. Inc a port injector that injects the USB3 ports only.

Matt

I added a bit to the original post about instant wake from sleep. On mine after I fixed that it also woke the screen up correctly.

Im using the exact instructions from the first post on my system. Inc a port injector that injects the USB3 ports only.

Matt

This is my second OS X Hack install, but my first with Clover, DSDT, injection, etc. So, the instructions for the sleep/wake issue are not as clear for me as was the guide for getting USB 3.0 working.

Can someone please spell it out step by step? It is the only thing that it not working for me (haven't tried iMessage yet). Sleep/wake and sound from wake were working before I applied the 3.0 fix.

Thank you once again for everyone's help and hard work.

I'll write it up a bit better when I finish work.

In the meantime do you have a wake on usb option in your bios? If so disable it.

Matt

I'll write it up a bit better when I finish work.

In the meantime do you have a wake on usb option in your bios? If so disable it.

Matt

Thank you. Very much appreciated.

No wake on USB in bios. I checked that first as I am always looking for the easiest one click solution first!

So, the bigger question is: it is likely to have USB 3.0 and proper sleep/wake? Or more likely to have to make the choice between the two?

I did not use Mavericks, but it seems like once Yosemite arrived on the scene, things got a lot more complicated. I think many of us were hoping that El Capitan was going to deliver us from that, but it is not the case.

Still, it has been a relatively easy set up with all of the great help on this forum.

Find Method XWAK in your DSDT...

Code:
Method(XWAK, ...
{
   ..some code...
}

Change it:
Code:
Method(XWAK, ...
{
   Return(0)
   ..some code...
}

I just successful extract DSDT it's located in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin now I trying to edit that DSDT to add that code because I find in this thread that can fix "no audio after sleep/wake" problem.

I use MaciASL, but when I wan't to save DSDT I have two syntax errors (attached), also I can't save original file without any changes, in MaciASL preferences I tried to change on ACPI 4.0, 5.0A, 5.1 but no effect.

Screen Shot 2015-10-12 at 15.46.12.png

Is it possible to fix the usb 3.0 port on my probook 4530s if so pleasee help me to know what to study and get a handle on -- Seems a mountain of study to figure it out.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back