Contribute
Register

El Capitan on Lenovo P50

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how are you finding El Calpitan operating with the P50?

@BJK2142 Did you get everything working in the end on the Xeon?

Are there any significant headaches or glitches? I'm thinking of doing the same, Xeon CPU.

@llamallama Still having trouble getting the graphics acceleration. One guy with the i7 was able to get his HD530 graphics to recognize 1500mb, still not sure whats going on with p530 but haven't got it yet. Other than that it runs quite smooth and doesn't seem to have any issue with the Xeon. Still need to get sleep working though I don't think anyone has 530 graphics waking yet anyway, but don't quote me on that. I encourage you to give it a crack and see if you can help out getting it any further..

Last edited:
@llamallama Still having trouble getting the graphics acceleration. One guy with the i7 was able to get his HD530 graphics to recognize 1500mb, still not sure whats going on with p530 but haven't got it yet. Other than that it runs quite smooth and doesn't seem to have any issue with the Xeon. Still need to get sleep working though I don't think anyone has 530 graphics waking yet anyway, but don't quote me on that. I encourage you to give it a crack and see if you can help out getting it any further..

P530 requires use of FakeID (with supported id) and FakePCIID.kext+FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext.

P530 requires use of FakeID (with supported id) and FakePCIID.kext+FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext.

Yes I have those, I can't seem to get them working, it shows the graphics card but with only 31mb ram. I've tried all different combinations of intelgfx and platform id.

Yes I have those, I can't seem to get them working, it shows the graphics card but with only 31mb ram. I've tried all different combinations of intelgfx and platform id.

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

I am also having the graphics issue, so i stopped wasting my life trying to figure it out. Am most likely going to get rid of my laptop and build a hackintosh desktop.

Hello,

I also have a Thinkpad P50 Core i7 6700HQ Quadro M1000M 16GB RAM(1 Module).
I tried to get el capitan running by using the hdd form my old Thinkpad W530 hackintosh, which has an hardware failure and used the clover files from juslaw, then added my memory config.
Now I am stuck at the 100ms line, as I understand, I need also to patch the DSDT to be able to boot?
If yes, my next problem would be, that my only working Intel Mac is a Macbook 2006 with 10.6.8, which is too old to run the MaciASL software, so I do not know how patch it...

Hello,

I also have a Thinkpad P50 Core i7 6700HQ Quadro M1000M 16GB RAM(1 Module).
I tried to get el capitan running by using the hdd form my old Thinkpad W530 hackintosh, which has an hardware failure and used the clover files from juslaw, then added my memory config.
Now I am stuck at the 100ms line, as I understand, I need also to patch the DSDT to be able to boot?
If yes, my next problem would be, that my only working Intel Mac is a Macbook 2006 with 10.6.8, which is too old to run the MaciASL software, so I do not know how patch it...

Attach output of 'lspci -nn' in Linux Terminal.

Now that Apple just released new MacBook Pros that are Skylake, does this mean installing Sierra will be a lot easier on the Thinkpad p50?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back