Contribute
Register

El Capitan GIGABYTE GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 Install Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
The link for the Intel HD3000 graphics fixed one problem I was having where I could only use one display at a time for the integrated graphics card. I was already using the device-id injection in order to get the 1920x1080 resolution, but I did not do the snb-platform-id injection. Once I injected that, I could now have dual monitors. I still get an occasional flicker of artifacts, just not the same I had before. When videos are playing, sometimes white lines go across the screen. If I quit the video and start it again, they sometimes go away. This happens with all types of graphics. Sometimes on the desktop, sometimes on youtube, and sometimes while watching movies on Plex or Hulu.

Generating the SSDT fixed the intermittent kernel panics. I'm now able to boot 100% of the time without issue of the P-State Stepper Error. Thanks!

For those who need to generate an SSDT, when I generated it for my Sandy Bridge Intel i5 chip, the sdtPRGen.sh script threw an error saying that "board-id [Mac-F42C88C8] not supported by Sandy Bridge – check SMBIOS data / use the -c option". It gave the option to continue. I ignored the warning and continued the operation. I installed the SSDT to the EFI partition and rebooted with no issue.

Last edited:
Were you able to get USB 3.0 working on your motherboard? This seems to be all that's left for me to get working. When I plug something into USB 3.0, it causes the system to freeze and reboot.

Were you able to get USB 3.0 working on your motherboard? This seems to be all that's left for me to get working. When I plug something into USB 3.0, it causes the system to freeze and reboot.

What version of the OS are you running? 10.11 or 10.11.1?

I'm running 10.11.1. It seems that the USB3.0 ports work intermittently and when they do, I don't think I'm getting USB3.0 speeds.

I'm running 10.11.1. It seems that the USB3.0 ports work intermittently and when they do, I don't think I'm getting USB3.0 speeds.

So to clarify, you're intermittently getting lockups and reboots when you install a USB3 device in 10.11.1 or has the issue changed a bit with the upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back