1. Plus
  2. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 LGA 1155
CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge Quad-Core 3.3GHz BX80623I52500K
16 GB RAM
Graphics: Intel onboard HD3000

I am having issues with even booting into the clover installer. My specs are above.

I have been using this Hackintosh since 2012 and have never had issues until using Clover for the installer and El Capitan. Prior to El Capitan, all of my installs had used Chimera for the bootloader.

I am attempting to start a fresh El Capitan install on an SSD. I continue to get a kernel panic which reboots the PC and the USB drive will never boot into the install Mac OS X screen.

I have tried booting with cpus=1 and it still has the same failures. I have tried the Unibeast isntaller with and without the graphics injected. Both seem to have the same kernel panic issue.

Below is the screenshots of the boot sequence up to the kernel panic:
https://goo.gl/photos/9T1HomHssSy5sMPo9

I would try installing NullCPUPowerManagement.kext (e.g. into EFI/CLOVER/kexts/... with your other kexts) and if that doesn't help, changing your SMBIOS system definition from Mac Mini to MacPro3,1

Edit: also if overclocked, disable the overclock during the install, and if using fancy memory, set XMPDetection in config.plist.

Have you upgraded to U1E UEFI bios and chose the UEFI loader with Unibeast?

I have exactly the same board and solved problems booting into the installer by simply putting the SSDT in the EF/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched directory with EFI Mounter V3! Since I use an Nvidia card here's what I added in the Config.plist: dart=0 nv_disable=1 -v

Important note: Unplug all your USB devices and only plug in your mouse and keyboard to the USB 2 ports. Otherwise the system will reboot during the installation.

NullCPUPowerManagement did the trick! You got me over the hump and I was able to stumble through the rest of the minor hiccups that I experienced along the way. I now have a working Clover El Capitan install working with iMessage straight out of the box with no hacking!

Thanks for the help!

El Capitan GIGABYTE GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 Booting and Display Issues

So now that the OS is installed, I'm having two issues (both might be related).

It seems like the computer boots only about 1/3 of the time. The remaining times experience a kernel panic. The screenshots of the freezing and kernel panic are below.

https://goo.gl/photos/sBZKGSPVw7K4WGU58

The second problem is, when it does boot, sometimes there are horrible artifacts in the display that go away when I wave the mouse over them, but they show up randomly all over the screen. Usually a reboot fixes this (when it boots), but I want to be able to not have this 100% of the time.

Did you have any issues with your kernel panic or issues with artifacts?

Did you have any issues with your kernel panic or issues with artifacts?

You running legacy BIOS or UEFI? Someone mentioned it earlier, but it might be helpful to have the SSDT and DSDT installed in the respective clover locations. Also, be sure any USB3 devices are unplugged. I couldn't load the installer with my USB3 hub plugged in. 10.11.1 seems to allow for the hub to be plugged in though nothing shows up when a USB device is plugged in. Waiting for new fixes.

So now that the OS is installed, I'm having two issues (both might be related).

It seems like the computer boots only about 1/3 of the time. The remaining times experience a kernel panic. The screenshots of the freezing and kernel panic are below.

https://goo.gl/photos/sBZKGSPVw7K4WGU58

The second problem is, when it does boot, sometimes there are horrible artifacts in the display that go away when I wave the mouse over them, but they show up randomly all over the screen. Usually a reboot fixes this (when it boots), but I want to be able to not have this 100% of the time.

I think Tony had a recent post about getting the HD3000 to work properly with older systems and El Cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back