Graphics
HD 630 / GTX 1050 (Disabled)
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
El Capitan | Clover | No Audio and EFI question | Asus Maximus VI Formula - Intel i7 4770K - MSI GTX 780Ti Gaming

I have successfully installed El Capitan on my machine although there are some issues here and there...

with all different ways I've tried installing OSX, installation went smoothly (more detail below) but no matter what I try, I can't get my audio working.

method 1:

during installation I ran terminal diskutil and made a RAID0 out of my 3 SAMSUNG 850 pro SSDs.

- installation OK
- no audio
- Can't seem to locate the EFI partition to change config.plist or inject toleda's audio file.

Method 2:

single SSD installation.
- installation OK
- no audio
- EFI partition is found although there are 3 different config.plist files and I'm not sure which one needs to be modified.

during all installation methods, I found that just using the onboard gpu works best. once osx is installed I install the web and cuda drivers reboot once, then reboot to UEFI and disable iGPU and make PCIE my main display, then boot back to OSX and all works..

It's when I start messing with the audio.command files that things go south I can't seem to get audio working no matter what I try.

Not sure if anyone around here has the same board and has everything working out?

I would prefer having osx installed on the appleRAID i can create during installation, but somehow I can't seem to find the EFI partition that way..

so to summarise the long post 2 issues; audio and EFI (1:raid, where is it. 2:eek:n 1 ssd i find 3 different config files in the EFI partition, no clue which one to modify)

Thnx

Last edited:
El Capitan | Clover | No Audio and EFI question | Asus Maximus VI Formula - Intel i7 4770K - MSI GTX 780Ti Gaming

Ok so I figured out which config.plist to use.

No audio issue still remains, the Asus Maximus VI Formula uses the Realtek ALC1150 codec. tried every possible combo with both audio_cloverALC-100.command and audio_cloverALC-110.command (AudioID 1,2,3 etc with all possible y/n combinations) still no audio after every restart. with one combo I actually got the output list in sys prefs filled, but no matter which output i chose it still gave me no sound.
on the back (green port) i have a philips soundbar connected (thorugh the mp3 jack) and on the front audio and mic port i have a Kingston Hyper X Cloud headset, mic isn't working either.

also, would still really like to have this on the appleRAID during setup but having problems fiding the efi partition in it. Mounting EFI option shows "EFI partitions" on all 3 ssds in the raid. 2 of them being empty and one of them only having the Apple EFI folder, only EFI i could find was located on the raid locally (El Capitan\EFI\CLOVER\etc, etc..)

any help would be much appreciated!

Last edited:
Ok so I figured out which config.plist to use.

No audio issue still remains, the Asus Maximus VI Formula uses the Realtek ALC1150 codec. tried every possible combo with both audio_cloverALC-100.command and audio_cloverALC-110.command (AudioID 1,2,3 etc with all possible y/n combinations) still no audio after every restart. with one combo I actually got the output list in sys prefs filled, but no matter which output i chose it still gave me no sound.
on the back (green port) i have a philips soundbar connected (thorugh the mp3 jack) and on the front audio and mic port i have a Kingston Hyper X Cloud headset, mic isn't working either.

also, would still really like to have this on the appleRAID during setup but having problems fiding the efi partition in it. Mounting EFI option shows "EFI partitions" on all 3 ssds in the raid. 2 of them being empty and one of them only having the Apple EFI folder, only EFI i could find was located on the raid locally (El Capitan\EFI\CLOVER\etc, etc..)

any help would be much appreciated!

i have very similar confi as your only diff that i have 970 gtx and im trying to find config.plist i hope you can help with that i tried to install el capitan and i cant boot the usb although all bios setting i used as adviced

update 1: I GOT everything working including sleep and graphic card everything except audio so i think this must have a fix or something im still looking for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back