1. 0
Z87X-D3HKinston
120GB SSD
8GB RAM in a single slot
EUFI
4770K at 3.5GHz
On board 4600 graphics
Was running 10.10.5

Following the guide, I used Unibeast to make a bootable 16GB USB drive: GUID, 1 partition. The latest Unibeast installed Clover Version 2.3K

Using F12, I am able to get to the install El Capitan screen and install. However, when I reboot, it doesn't complete the installlation. Instead, it goes to the installer again.

I have had ongoing problems and in order to install Mavericks I had to choose "Legacy USB support" to get it to work. This time, I chose the Legacy USB support option for the El Capitan install but the install is not working.

As I went through the BIOS today to ensure it was set up correctly, I noticed that "Legacy USB support was an option in my BIOS and that it is selected. I wonder if this has been the root of all my troubles. It seems that the simplest solution would be to turn "Legacy USB Support" off in the BIOS and create a new, plain installation USB stick. On one hand, that would be changing a varible part way through and I am reluctant to complicate the issue further. On the other hand, I am stuck now and I haven't got much to loose.

Should I change the BIOS setting and go with a standard installer for El Capitan? Or am I completely off target?

Last edited:
I think you're off target.

What are your options on the Clover boot menu when you boot from your USB install drive? If one of them is to Boot Mac OS X on YourSystemDrive, what happens when you select it?

Success! I bit the bullet, removed legacy USB support in the bios and made a new vanilla installer. It sort of worked in that I never did see "Boot Mac OS X" and I finally just booted off of the hard drive and finished off the install. It seems that I may still have to deal with booting straight to the SSD as it goes through Clover first but the computer is working and I have sound and bluetooth.

My options were all of my drives with and OS on them, none of which worked with Clover. I had to borrow a computer, make a new install USB and start from the beginning. However, I just forced it to boot off of the USB and install twice then booted off of the SSD the third time.

Thank you/ :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back