Contribute
Register

Eglobal S200 Nuc Intel i7 8750H / Mini PC Compatible?

Thats the problem, with Hackintool there is no device reported when i connect it, I guess I have to boot without SSDT and go from there again, could it be a port limit thing?

Thats the problem, with Hackintool there is no device reported when i connect it, I guess I have to boot without SSDT and go from there again, could it be a port limit thing?
Hmmm, strange. SSDT? If you are referring to SSDT-UIA (usb inject all) you may need to inject the usbinjectall kext?

My approach would be (if you want the USB kext made by hackintool custom for your machine) to inject usbinjectall and pick ssdt-uia.dsl from somewhere back in this thread which worked for all ports. Then start up hackintool and see if it sees the ports, then create the usb kext again and get rid of the USBinject all kext and the ACPI patch and replace with the new usb kext.

GL

Hi, I managed to get all ports working again, it appears I mixed up some iterations of my SSDT-UIA, the version I posted earlier had two additional entries (for USB-C), my local stored versions didn't.
I'm not getting an exported Kext working, just using the UIA.kext and an SSDT, works fine (for now)

Hi, I would like to know if this machine is capable of:
  • Handling dual-monitor (2x24" Full HD)
  • Dual-booting with Arch-Linux
  • Sleep
A plus would be the compatibility with OpenCore.

Hi, I would like to know if this machine is capable of:
  • Handling dual-monitor (2x24" Full HD)
  • Dual-booting with Arch-Linux
  • Sleep
A plus would be the compatibility with OpenCore.
Hi, welcome.

The machine can handle dual monitors, 1 HDMI and 1 mini dp. Dualbooting is possible, Arch Linux I don't know. I used to have a live usb of Manjaro (which is Arch linux right?) which worked but I can't say everything worked correctly. Sleep doesn't work fully on this machine, I never put it into full sleep. If you do, hardware acceleration is a problem. Read some posts back and you know why.

Opencore compatible, yes. I have posted Opencore EFI's in this thread which you can use.

Hi, welcome.

The machine can handle dual monitors, 1 HDMI and 1 mini dp. Dualbooting is possible, Arch Linux I don't know. I used to have a live usb of Manjaro (which is Arch linux right?) which worked but I can't say everything worked correctly. Sleep doesn't work fully on this machine, I never put it into full sleep. If you do, hardware acceleration is a problem. Read some posts back and you know why.

Opencore compatible, yes. I have posted Opencore EFI's in this thread which you can use.
Hi,
Thanks for your answer. This sounds promising. If Arch does not work, Ubuntu can also work for me. It is not an important criteria, as long as I can dual-boot MacOS and a Linux distribution.

Today, I took the time to read this thread entirely, and now I'm 99% sure to buy this machine. But I have a few questions though:
  1. EGlobal released two Models: the S200 and the S200H. Which one will give me the best chance of installing Catalina? I tend to think that the S200 with the i7 8750H is the best option.
  2. I read that EGlobal also released a new BIOS that makes this machine incompatible with hackintoshing. Which Aliexpress seller still sell the old BIOS?
  3. Which NVME SSDs / RAM do you recommend with this machine?
  4. Is this method also working for Wifi/Bluetooth? (https://osy.gitbook.io/hac-mini-guide/post-installation/wifi)
  5. OpenCore vs Clover. Which bootloader gives the best experience/compatibility. As said above, OpenCore is my favorite, but maybe I'm missing something.
  6. Does VT-X needs to be deactivated? I'm planning to use VirtualBox sometimes.
  7. I read about AWAC, USB Mapping, EC Patch, Framebuffer and to be honest I'm quite lost. My last hackintosh experience was with multibeast/unibeast on a P35/Xeon E5450. This scene has a lot evolved.

Today, I took the time to read this thread entirely, and now I'm 99% sure to buy this machine. But I have a few questions though:
  1. EGlobal released two Models: the S200 and the S200H. Which one will give me the best chance of installing Catalina? I tend to think that the S200 with the i7 8750H is the best option.
  2. I read that EGlobal also released a new BIOS that makes this machine incompatible with hackintoshing. Which Aliexpress seller still sell the old BIOS?
  4. Is this method also working for Wifi/Bluetooth? (https://osy.gitbook.io/hac-mini-guide/post-installation/wifi)
  5. OpenCore vs Clover. Which bootloader gives the best experience/compatibility. As said above, OpenCore is my favorite, but maybe I'm missing something.
  7. I read about AWAC, USB Mapping, EC Patch, Framebuffer and to be honest I'm quite lost. My last hackintosh experience was with multibeast/unibeast on a P35/Xeon E5450. This scene has a lot evolved.
Hi,

Lot's of questions, I'll do my best to answer them.

1) I ordered at a firm called Topton (which I believe is Eglobal underwater). I have the i7 8850H, with BIOS v0.6 I believe. Not sure which machines have issues, some of the 9th series intel seam to be a bit different. In short, I have the normal S200.
2) Topton, choose a 8th gen machine. But there are some successes of 9th gen machines (9300h).
3) Search for those that are genuine compatible to a Mac. I have a ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, but also the Samsung Evo's and Pro's work, although the 9700 Evo Plus has some firmware issue but fixable with updating. Ram same story, I have kingston hyperx 16gb in dual channel.
4) I think so, I use the m2 wifi port and use the required broadcom kexts. Everything is working. I am using the DW1560 m.2 card (bcm94352z / dw1560)
5) Both work, I invested in the switch to opencore because it is more future proof.
6) The only thing you can enable is Intel VMX (same?), you can enable that one.
7) yes, but this thread is really supportive to get you through. I shared my EFI folder for Opencore and others did for Clover so you can choose and adjust/try for yourself.

Good luck.

Hi,

Lot's of questions, I'll do my best to answer them.

1) I ordered at a firm called Topton (which I believe is Eglobal underwater). I have the i7 8850H, with BIOS v0.6 I believe. Not sure which machines have issues, some of the 9th series intel seam to be a bit different. In short, I have the normal S200.
2) Topton, choose a 8th gen machine. But there are some successes of 9th gen machines (9300h).
3) Search for those that are genuine compatible to a Mac. I have a ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, but also the Samsung Evo's and Pro's work, although the 9700 Evo Plus has some firmware issue but fixable with updating. Ram same story, I have kingston hyperx 16gb in dual channel.
4) I think so, I use the m2 wifi port and use the required broadcom kexts. Everything is working. I am using the DW1560 m.2 card (bcm94352z / dw1560)
5) Both work, I invested in the switch to opencore because it is more future proof.
6) The only thing you can enable is Intel VMX (same?), you can enable that one.
7) yes, but this thread is really supportive to get you through. I shared my EFI folder for Opencore and others did for Clover so you can choose and adjust/try for yourself.

Good luck.
Hi,
Thanks for your detailed answer.
I read that @willumpie82 needed to do a reflash of his second S200 from an old BIOS. This is why I'm quite unsure.
For virtualization, VirtualBox requires VT-X (Intel Virtualization Technology) enabled. I guess it is not the same.

If you use the Point 4 Method it will be a problem if you want to use the Top-Side NVMe-SSD-Port. Because the Wifi-card is under the SSD. There are options with a 150mm extension. Thats why I use the a BCM94360NG Card, witch allows Bluetooth Keyboard in Bios. I have a S200 with the new BIOS and with some help from here, it runs with Catalina 10.15.5.Beta 3. Beta 4 and 5 will fail with a lot of error messages and a Blue screen after preboot

Back