Contribute
Register

Eglobal S200 Nuc Intel i7 8750H / Mini PC Compatible?

I missed the AWAC part, what is it?

did e-global change something in the bios that breaks something?

I didn’t have any luck with the AWAC thing, i took the device apart and programmed a backup of my bios with a ch341 programmer (i normally use for imac password recovery). I also noticed that the bios of the new device was 16Mbit and mine was 8, i just went for it and it booted fine with my bios. I managed to boot opencore and into the catalina installer, install catalina but was unable to boot, next up check with -v bootarg and check why it hangs on ~95% boot progress bar

Bad and good news from my system. I replace the DW-1820a wifi card with a BCM94360NG and work now without AirportBrcmFixup.kext BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext BrcmFirmwareData.kext and BrcmPatchRAM3.kext.
Bluetooth and Wifi work now out of the box and Apple mouse and keyboard works now in the clover menu too :)

The bad thing was, i start the update from 10.15.5 Beta 3 to Beta 4 and that kills the system. Not really, because the system works in the background, but there is no video-out after preboot. Only blue screen :( .

I didn’t have any luck with the AWAC thing, i took the device apart and programmed a backup of my bios with a ch341 programmer (i normally use for imac password recovery). I also noticed that the bios of the new device was 16Mbit and mine was 8, i just went for it and it booted fine with my bios. I managed to boot opencore and into the catalina installer, install catalina but was unable to boot, next up check with -v bootarg and check why it hangs on ~95% boot progress bar
I had to add the -disablegfxfirmware bootarg, ( I reverted partially back to my old EFI for USB sake).
It is booting successfull. I added the part for DP from @Amateur85. now have only an issue with USB-C left.

I think it is anoying that there are different versions (even bios size) S200 floating arround, making this not an instant success hackintosh. I anyone interested, I can share my 'old' bios that I substracted with the CH341 programmer (the chip is right below the bottom nvme/sata position to the side of the device (small 8 pin device). I guess you can program this bios file also via EFI or whatever. don't forget to make a backup OC

Why not uploading here?

SUCCESS - I checked your EFI again and tried a few options. The iMac setting didn't work with Catalina but Mac mini is working fine now. With attached EFI I can boot Catalina and Mojave from NVME. Did the installation via DisplayPort and now it's running with UHD and multi screen (UHD on DP and HD on HDMI).

I use the EFI that you have. But I have this problem. Can you help me?
Thank you.

My laptop is:
Dell Latitude 5501
Intel Core i7-9850H
Intel UHD 630

WhatsApp Image 2020-05-11 at 11.42.48.jpeg

I had to add the -disablegfxfirmware bootarg, ( I reverted partially back to my old EFI for USB sake).
It is booting successfull. I added the part for DP from @Amateur85. now have only an issue with USB-C left.

I think it is anoying that there are different versions (even bios size) S200 floating arround, making this not an instant success hackintosh. I anyone interested, I can share my 'old' bios that I substracted with the CH341 programmer (the chip is right below the bottom nvme/sata position to the side of the device (small 8 pin device). I guess you can program this bios file also via EFI or whatever. don't forget to make a backup OC
Great! USB should be easy with hackintool to create a new kext for it :)

I use the EFI that you have. But I have this problem. Can you help me?
Thank you.

My laptop is:
Dell Latitude 5501
Intel Core i7-9850H
Intel UHD 630

View attachment 468740
Hi Yosefa,

You're in the wrong thread. This is about the S200 mini pc, which is not a laptop (although it shares a lot of components with a laptop...).

My guess is something with Power management in your case, but I'm not sure. Please check the laptop forum for this issue.

Back