Contribute
Register

Eglobal S200 Nuc Intel i7 8750H / Mini PC Compatible?

- Micron MTFDHBA256TCK (SSD)
- SH00E240GB (SSD)
- All from factory

You think SSDs aren't supported?
Even if they have the same specs?
Could be, not all Ssd’s are supported. Both NVME? You can try to startup from a sata disk, just for the sake of checking and ruling out that it’s the problem.

Both NVMe...
So i will buy & add an SATA SSD to try...
Crucial is OK ?

Both NVMe...
So i will buy & add an SATA SSD to try...
Crucial is OK ?
Don’t you have an old HDD? Also search on the web for people with the same Ssd with a hackintosh before spending money

Do you think i need to unplug all Drives and install only an old WD HDD in SATA ?

Do you think i need to unplug all Drives and install only an old WD HDD in SATA ?
Yes, installing maybe not necessary but getting into the installation menu would be providing you insight in whether the NVME(s) is the problem.

In addition, you could try the nvmefix kext and add this kernel entry to the config. You can find the details here https://github.com/acidanthera/NVMeFix
It’s trial and error...

FYI

The new supplemental update is installed as usual and seems no problem for my setup with latest clover and co. ;)

Hi all,
I ended up opting for a Lenovo m93p tiny fully loaded which cost me less than the i5 variant of the S200. But it meant also I dropped one of my requirement which was the dual-boot with Linux...
BUT I want to thank all of you that took the time to answer my questions, and gook luck for your future hackontosh aventures!

Hi all,
I ended up opting for a Lenovo m93p tiny fully loaded which cost me less than the i5 variant of the S200. But it meant also I dropped one of my requirement which was the dual-boot with Linux...
BUT I want to thank all of you that took the time to answer my questions, and gook luck for your future hackontosh aventures!
No problem, good luck with your small Lenovo!

FYI

The new supplemental update is installed as usual and seems no problem for my setup with latest clover and co. ;)
Nice! Good to hear. I am still waiting for the right moment, I used it as my daily driver and need it for work (or I need to switch over to a crappy windows laptop). My last exprience was not the best, so I'll give it a try somewhere in the coming weeks.

For those interested, I want to switch to latest catalina version but also upgrade to the newest opencore version (now on 0.5.5 from feb).

Nice! Good to hear. I am still waiting for the right moment, I used it as my daily driver and need it for work (or I need to switch over to a crappy windows laptop). My last exprience was not the best, so I'll give it a try somewhere in the coming weeks.

For those interested, I want to switch to latest catalina version but also upgrade to the newest opencore version (now on 0.5.5 from feb).

Me too , trying Opencore 0.5.9 & MacOS Catalina 10.15.5. outch...

Back