Contribute
Register

Eglobal S200 Nuc Intel i7 8750H / Mini PC Compatible?

My hack came back to live with Mojave 14.6, my failed attempt to install Catalina described here

My hack came back to live with Mojave 14.6, my failed attempt to install Catalina described here

Thanks for the warning, I'll tread with caution updating on the S200.

Have Catalina running on my T440P.

No issues so far (fingers crossed), although I don't see enough of a significant benefit over Mojave.

Did you run the Catalina Beta on the S200?

Update #2:

It is sad news for me :(
Second try did left me with non working machine.
What I did:
- Downloaded newest version of WG and AppleALC and copied over Clover/kexts/Other where I had kexts.
- Did sudo kextcache -i /
- Launched Catalina Install and it hung.
- Now after hard reset I can not boot into Mojave
- Copied over Backup Clover into EFI partition, no way

My old Mojave USB installation disk does not work either. :(
I've got Timemachine backup on external usb disk, how I can restore it now?

Is there any idea?

Hey @shumbola

I updated to Catalina on another build and didn't need to update any of the core kexts you mentioned.

In theory, Catalina should support the Mojave kext versions you're using.

Thanks for the warning, I'll tread with caution updating on the S200.

Have Catalina running on my T440P.

No issues so far (fingers crossed), although I don't see enough of a significant benefit over Mojave.

Did you run the Catalina Beta on the S200?
No, only release through direct install.

Hey @shumbola

I updated to Catalina on another build and didn't need to update any of the core kexts you mentioned.

In theory, Catalina should support the Mojave kext versions you're using.
Now I'll wait someone else install Catalina on S200 ;)

Update #3

Success ;)

Attachments

• Catalina.png
    Catalina.png
    230 KB · Views: 106
Hi @shumbola,

how is the S200 working with catalina? Is sleep/wake, usb3, etc. still working? Have you been made changes in config.plist for booting catalina? Have you any hints or suggsetions for the upgrade process?

best regards

Hi @shumbola,

how is the S200 working with catalina? Is sleep/wake, usb3, etc. still working? Have you been made changes in config.plist for booting catalina? Have you any hints or suggsetions for the upgrade process?

best regards
So far, so good. Nothing special noticed. As per Catalina, no way for 32bit apps. I had only one, ZeroBraneStudio (Lua IDE) but this is not must have for me. There are other Lua editors out there.
I really don't care for sleep/wake, neither did in Mojave, so I can't answer for this.
USB3 is working, port limit patch is applied.
Bluetooth with the intel card was working after several reboots (usually no more than 3), but in Catalina it doesn't. Again I don't care for bluetooth.
Sound works as it worked for Mojave, here I don't see any difference.
Yes, I did some changes to the config.plist. Out of my head, it is H_EC to EC rename patch. And some others. Before Catalina install, I had some kexts in two places: L/E and C/kexts/Other.
Installed directly from App Store.
I'll attach my CLOVER config when I get home.

Here we go. My CLOVER folder.

Do not use clover.plist as is. Adapt it for your serials, etc.

Attachments

• clover.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 235
Today, I've got a power outage at home...and now I see the bluetooth is working again. ;)
So, I assume if your bluetooth does not work, switch off the pc for a couple of hours and turn it on...bluetooth most probably will work again. ;)

Back