Contribute
Register

EFI/Clover does not exist... how to edit config.plist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z170XP-SLI
CPU
i7-6700 LGA1151
Graphics
GTX 950
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, just finished my first install. I read that to change the nvidia graphics driver setting to web driver permanently, I need to update my config.plist with "nvda_drv=1". However, the supposed path (EFI/Clover) does not seemingly exist on my machine. my config.plist file is sitting in my user folder and its blank. How do I resolve this issue?

Hello, just finished my first install. I read that to change the nvidia graphics driver setting to web driver permanently, I need to update my config.plist with "nvda_drv=1". However, the supposed path (EFI/Clover) does not seemingly exist on my machine. my config.plist file is sitting in my user folder and its blank. How do I resolve this issue?

EFI/Clover is on your EFI partition.
You need to mount your EFI partition as it is not mounted automatically.

I downloaded the EFI Mounter. When I run it it asks me which partition to use: disk0s1 or disk1s1. Which do I chose?

It depends on where you instructed your BIOS to boot from and where you installed Clover.
Also note that BSD names for disks are non-deterministic (may be different from one boot to the next).

It depends on where you instructed your BIOS to boot from and where you installed Clover.
Also note that BSD names for disks are non-deterministic (may be different from one boot to the next).

Do I need to install Clover EFI v2 before or after this step?

Do I need to install Clover EFI v2 before or after this step?

If you expect to boot without USB, you will need to install Clover and configure it correctly for your hardware.

I'm already booting off my HDD with clover, but it sounds like I need this EFI thing...

If you're already booting from your HDD, then Clover is already installed and configured on your EFI partition.
Your EFI partition must be mounted if you need to make changes to the Clover configuration.

I am having a similar problem to this edavies. @Bob_the_Tomato, if I try either of your suggestions above, I still cannot find the clover folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back