Contribute
Register

Editing AGPM to prevent GTX4XX Freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freezing still happens even after the edit. Only way I seem to avoid it is to run CUDATest in background.

Placebo81 said:
Freezing still happens even after the edit. Only way I seem to avoid it is to run CUDATest in background.

Snow Leopard or Lion?

Lion 10.7.2
Also note that OP suggested CUDATest as a solution that he currently uses, so AGPM edits wont fix the problem.

My card has been hitting state 0. What does this state represent? (Console screenshot attached.)

Might also be of note that my system froze completely after that last stage change. Mouse unable to move, but Firefox still playing music. Computer was unresponsive, mouse events and keyboard force quits are unsuccessful.

Attachments

• log.tiff
    460.6 KB · Views: 329
any freezes in 10.7.3? anybody? i don't know if i still have to run the cuda test app :)

Okay, so I've edited AGPM.kext and NVDAGF100hal.kext, and I'm 90% sure that I've done them correctly now. I'm using the MacPro5,1 identifier but AGPM doesn't appear to be loading at all. When looking in the console there is no sign of it at all and I'm still getting the sluggish graphics which tell me I'm in the lowest power management state (my temporary fix is to have a shell script on my desktop that sets a screensaver as my wallpaper when double clicked on - it works, but it's a bit messy).

So how do I get AGPM to actually kick in using MacPro5,1?

EDIT: I wasn't installing it properly. Installed it using Kext Wizard and now it's working. The Threshold_Low and Threshold_High values need tweaking for sure, because LaunchPad still isn't 100% smooth, but I can see in the console that AGPM is loaded and working. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back