Contribute
Register

Editing AGPM to prevent GTX4XX Freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so I've edited AGPM.kext and NVDAGF100hal.kext, and I'm 90% sure that I've done them correctly now. I'm using the MacPro5,1 identifier but AGPM doesn't appear to be loading at all. When looking in the console there is no sign of it at all and I'm still getting the sluggish graphics which tell me I'm in the lowest power management state (my temporary fix is to have a shell script on my desktop that sets a screensaver as my wallpaper when double clicked on - it works, but it's a bit messy).

So how do I get AGPM to actually kick in using MacPro5,1?

EDIT: I wasn't installing it properly. Installed it using Kext Wizard and now it's working. The Threshold_Low and Threshold_High values need tweaking for sure, because LaunchPad still isn't 100% smooth, but I can see in the console that AGPM is loaded and working. :D

Screenshots before update and after the *new nvidia driver install..

See difference in number.. seems to be lower? :S

Attachments

• before-install.png
    before-install.png
    79.2 KB · Views: 293
  • after-install.png
    after-install.png
    92.6 KB · Views: 330
zenguerrilla said:
I've installed the new drivers yesterday and so far so good :). I'll let you know if they fix the random crashes problem.

10hrs uptime without a single crash! That's a first for my GTS450-based build.

Does anybody mind helping a fellow first time hackintosh user? AGPM seems to not load. I have the MacPro5,1 definition, I edited the Info.plist in AGPM, but it seems like it's not loading (no mention in Console).

Is there something I missed? I also enabled OpenCL combo for Lion 10.7.3.

Bless OP. I've been searching for something to fix my otherwise stable build, and this DID it. YOU ****ING ROCK. :headbang:

it works like charms.

thanks a lot... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back