Contribute
Register

Editing AGPM to prevent GTX4XX Freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
tien113 said:
sorry, its still freeze ... :D
try downloading the CUDA app i've included in the first post. it's a dirty hack, but it's better than running a movie in the background, or crashing for that matter.

and i'm glad this guide is continuing to help some of you!

Hi,

Sorry i don't understand. Which version do I have to copy/paste to my AGPM.kext if i use a iMac 12,2 definition ?

I just have to copy and paste at the very end of the info.plist file ?

Hello,

I edited the info.plist inside AGPM.kext, and it installed fine. Cant see the AGPM in console though. Can you check the AGPM.kext for me? i've attached the original and edited files.

Currently running two video cards through DSDT edits. GTX460 and GTX465.

Thanks!

Attachments

• AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext-edited.zip
    69.4 KB · Views: 118
  • AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext.zip
    68.5 KB · Views: 93
  • Screen shot 2012-06-17 at 3.16.02 PM.png
    Screen shot 2012-06-17 at 3.16.02 PM.png
    39.3 KB · Views: 182
  • Screen shot 2012-06-17 at 3.16.12 PM.png
    Screen shot 2012-06-17 at 3.16.12 PM.png
    40.7 KB · Views: 173
vanquish said:
Hi,

Sorry i don't understand. Which version do I have to copy/paste to my AGPM.kext if i use a iMac 12,2 definition ?

Can anyone answer me please ? Sorry but i really don't understand the first post and my hackintosh crashes every day...

vanquish said:
vanquish said:
Hi,

Can anyone answer me please ? Sorry but i really don't understand the first post and my hackintosh crashes every day...

Skip the beginning and start reading from "Attachment: CUDA-Test.zip [39.35 KiB]".

Follow the instructions, it worked for me too. And thanks to OP!

Well,
it still crashes, especially in 10.7.4. The only solution so far is the CUDA-Test.app from somewhere on this post.
However this http://netkas.org/?p=1161 (the opening paragraph to be precise) seems promising for the future ;).

Dual Monitors?

I tried to read every page so forgive me if this has been answered, but did anyone ever learn why with this fix, dual monitors still cause the card to go to power state 3? I applied the changes(460 GTX) and log shows it dropping back to 3 at idle but when I disconnect my second monitor, it never goes to 3 and is stable. Was hoping to be able to continue using my dual monitor setup.

Thanks in advance! You guys are awesome!

drison

I've got some good news. I've installed the Nvidia Quadro 4000 driver for 10.7.4, v. 270.00.00f06 and my system is (knock wood) crash-free so far.
Note that you need a MacPro smbios.plist to install the driver. I've used MacPro5,1 for the installation and afterwards switched back to iMac12,2.
With the bundled 10.7.4 drivers my system used to crash after 10-20 min of uptime, running just Firefox. Bye-bye CUDA-Test.app :).

Try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back