Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z170x Gaming 7 Gigabyte
CPU
i7 6700 Intel
Graphics
GTX 980 Nvidia
i would like to make my pc into a hackintosh, however i had a few questions regarding games. i play allot of pubg but it does not work on mac does anyone know a way around this? maybe wine or using Parallels desktop? i heard that using Parallels it does not use your gpu which is an issue. i only want to play games on windows and use hackintosh for general use does anyone have any recommendations? i didnt want to dual boot as its a mission to restart ur pc if you forgot something on the other os or just want a quick test etc

at the end i wanted to be able to switch from one os to the other or even better to have all my stuff working on hackintosh including my gpu and all that good stuff plus be able to play pubg anyone know how to do this ?

i would like to make my pc into a hackintosh, however i had a few questions regarding games. i play allot of pubg but it does not work on mac does anyone know a way around this? maybe wine or using Parallels desktop? i heard that using Parallels it does not use your gpu which is an issue. i only want to play games on windows and use hackintosh for general use does anyone have any recommendations? i didnt want to dual boot as its a mission to restart ur pc if you forgot something on the other os or just want a quick test etc

at the end i wanted to be able to switch from one os to the other or even better to have all my stuff working on hackintosh including my gpu and all that good stuff plus be able to play pubg anyone know how to do this ?

Hi there.

Well I haven't heard of "pubg" so don't know what type of game it is. Personally, as well as Parallels which I have, I also run Crossover for Mac. It can run a lot of Windows apps and games very well, but obviously not the latest, cleverly programmed stuff. The great thing is Crossover doesn't need a real version of Windows and you can install directX etc too.

Might be no good to you but have a look at their CodeWeavers web-site and check compatibility. You can try a demo too.

:)

Dual booting is probably your best option.

Dual booting is probably your best option.
I dont wana restart just to play a game then go back to hackintosh to only browse its a mission and pointless.

Hi there.

Well I haven't heard of "pubg" so don't know what type of game it is. Personally, as well as Parallels which I have, I also run Crossover for Mac. It can run a lot of Windows apps and games very well, but obviously not the latest, cleverly programmed stuff. The great thing is Crossover doesn't need a real version of Windows and you can install directX etc too.

Might be no good to you but have a look at their CodeWeavers web-site and check compatibility. You can try a demo too.

PUBG is PLAYERUNKNOWNS Battlegrounds, Steams number 1 players game currently. Its in beta and does not support mac at all and i dont think it will...

PUBG is PLAYERUNKNOWNS Battlegrounds, Steams number 1 players game currently. Its in beta and does not support mac at all and i dont think it will...

Okay. Well a quick check shows the game is built on the Unreal 4 engine. Some of the earlier versions were supported but 4 isn't listed over at CodeWeavers.

Also maybe Steam might cause latency problems in any emulated environment.

I think this is a tough call and dual-boot the only realistic option until they release a Mac version. Happy to be proved wrong!

I dont wana restart just to play a game then go back to hackintosh to only browse its a mission and pointless.
2 choices: Virtual machine, or boot into Windows. If you don't want to endure the inconvenience of having to reboot to browse, you can use Windows to access the internet last time i checked.

2 choices: Virtual machine, or boot into Windows. If you don't want to endure the inconvenience of having to reboot to browse, you can use Windows to access the internet last time i checked.
yeah i know that... but i just prefer the look and feel of mac os, more clean, simple and comeon its so pretttty

there's a 3rd option: he should buy a mac mini

PUBG is a high end game, trying to run this through emulation will probably lead to unpleasant results. 3D gaming does not give satisfactory FPS under emulation. If you can live with 25fps then go for it. I always reboot in to Windows natively and then I can play Battlefield 1 at 4K @80FPS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back