Contribute
Register

Easy, Repeatable Dell 8700 Clover Install Guide (Yosemite OS X 10.10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upgraded to 10.10.1 still no issues. I also installed VMWare Fusion and mounted my Windows install within Yosemite, which also went smoothly.

Guys have any of you manged to test the AMD Radeon R9 200 series, this was bundled in the 32GB i7-4770 when it went on offer instead of the nVidia that you guys are using.

I tried this guide but upon booting from USB I jut get 3 beeps and nothing else happens. I was able to successfully run this on my XPS 8100, but so far I'm stuck with the 8700 with the AMD card.

Any advice?

19) Open up config.plist in the Clover root (still in the EFI volume) and set the same parameters we did before: ARGUMENTS kext-dev-mode=1 and add KernelPM patch (look at Clover faq on how to do this). Clover Configurator is a gui tool that let's you do these setting to config.plist easily. Also set default volume to the name of your primary Mac OS volume. I also set Timeout to zero, basically saying don't show the Gui at all, and start OS X right away.

Everything seemed to be going well up to step 19. I checked my config.plist file and it seemed to already have an entry for kext-dev-mode=1. Also, it had a line for <key>KernelPm</key>. I assumed it covered the topics above(not sure about adding the KernalPM patch) but when it boots to clover I try to boot Yosemite and it just keeps rebooting into clover boot manager. If I use the previous options from steps 10 and 11 I get the black screen with white apple logo and the progress bar locks up mid way.

Any ideas what I missed?

BTW: I'm using clover boot manager to dual boot into Yosemite and Window 8. It runs Windows 8 fine.

I'm having the same problem, if I remove the GTX745 I'm able to boot, but the performance of IGPU is terrible.
I have another hackintosh with a Quadro K620 working and tried to put this on Dell, but continues rebooting.

What's a GTX 745?

Yes.
GTX745.

Attachments

• 2015-05-10 15.53.07.jpg
    2015-05-10 15.53.07.jpg
    962.5 KB · Views: 171
Hi Friends,

This is my fifth hackintosh, but only my second clover build. Fun times! Appreciate any help you all can give me.

I can get through the guide, but my install won't boot once I'm through. When I make the edits suggested at the end of the guide, manually, in config.plist, the following happens:

1) Startup gets to the clover boot screen
2) The Kernal Pm Patch is NOT checked when I go to options, meaning that my config.plist isn't affecting startup options?
3) I get a Bluetooth error on startup "Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport " I've read online that this is a graphics problem, not a bluetooth problem. In this case though, how do I address it?

I'm surprised that so many have gotten this working flawlessly, and yet my clover install directly to the HDD (the final stages of the guide) appears to really be messing something up.

Thanks!

Oh and my system is a Dell XPS 8700:
-i5-4660 3.4 Ghz
-8 GB 1600 Mhz DDR3 RAM
-1 TB HDD
-NVIDIA GeForce GT 720 1GB DDR3

10.11 is for El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back