Contribute
Register

[Easy Guide] MultiBeast Realtek ALC8xx Audio For Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rangerrick said:
Could there be an option added to multibeast to restore everything audio related back to it's fresh install state? It would simply remove any user installed HDA files and restore apple's original one? In my mind this would allow those of us who have messed up the audio install to clear it without having to reinstall; in reality I know I may be dreaming.

Is this possible?
No. The installer is an Apple Developer Tool (PackageMaker) and it does not support an undo feature.

Many thanks for these instructions. Just built my third hackintosh, and although this is the first Lion install I have done, using Unibeast it went like a dream up until I tried to install sound support. I have reinstalled the whole Lion system three times and now have working sound, hence the reason for my post and advice to others, I was not following the instructions correctly on the first two occasions and got in a real mess. When I took my time and got the instructions correct, everything worked. So I have wasted a few hours by being over confident and possibly rushing and/or not reading properly......so.....don't be an idiot like me, take it slowly and read and follow instructions precisely, as its the best and only way forward ! Thanks again

Rick

Hi guys
I'm running my hackitosh on an Asus P8P67 pro rev 3.1 with bios 2302 with an Asus GTS250 and EasyDSDT since with any DSDT I get kernel panic, everything works great but i've some small issue with the ALC892, basically I have sound in pair but not as surround mode, I mean I can have sound either from the 2 front or 2 rear or central but not all together, any idea on how to enable surround? my speakers kit are Creative Inspire 5200, in the screenshots you can see my and only setting available. thanks Antonio

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-07-15 at 4.14.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-07-15 at 4.14.29 PM.png
    66.7 KB · Views: 237
  • Screen Shot 2012-07-15 at 4.14.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-07-15 at 4.14.14 PM.png
    112.1 KB · Views: 221
antonio76m said:
Hi guys
Ii've some small issue with the ALC892, basically I have sound in pair but not as surround mode, I mean I can have sound either from the 2 front or 2 rear or central but not all together, any idea on how to enable surround? my speakers kit are Creative Inspire 5200
See http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=848

toleda said:
antonio76m said:
Hi guys
Ii've some small issue with the ALC892, basically I have sound in pair but not as surround mode, I mean I can have sound either from the 2 front or 2 rear or central but not all together, any idea on how to enable surround? my speakers kit are Creative Inspire 5200
See http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=848

thanks a lot mate, i'v got my 5.1 working great

Question for different sounds

Easy Guide
MultiBeast Realtek ALC8xx Audio For Lion[/b][/size]

Easy guide for making the correct Realtek ALX8xx audio choices in Lion

This:
This.png
Turns into this: (guaranteed audio failure)
Turns.png
F. Kexts (versions subject to change)
1. Unified Device Injector
a. ALC8xxHDA installs: S/L/E/ALC8xxHDA.kext_v3.0.1
b. ALC8xxHDA For Legacy installs: S/L/E/ALC8xxHDA.kext_v2.0.3
2. AppleHDA Rollback installs: S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext_v1.7.9 (native 10.6.2 AppleHDA.kext)
3. Non-DSDT HDAEnabler
a. ALC888 installs: S/L/E/HDAEnabler888.kext_v1.0.0d1
b. ALC887/888b installs: S/L/E/HDAEnabler887.kext_v1.0.0d1
c. ALC889 installs: S/L/E/HDAEnabler889.kext_v1.0.0d1
d. ALC885/889a installs: S/L/E/HDAEnabler885.kext_v1.0.0d1
e. ALC892 installs: S/L/E/HDAEnabler892.kext_v1.0.0d1
f. ALC898 installs: S/L/E/HDAEnabler898.kext_v1.0.0d1
4. Patched AppleHDA
a. ALC888
i. ALC888_v100202 installs: S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext_v2.2.0 (Edited for ALC888_v100202)
ii. ALC888_v100302 installs: S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext_v2.2.0 (Edited for ALC888_v100302)
b. ALC887
i. ALC887_v100202 installs: S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext_v2.2.0 (Edited for ALC887_v100202)
ii. ALC887_v100302 installs: S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext_v2.2.0 (Edited for ALC887_v100302)
c. ALC889 installs: S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext_v2.2.0 (Edited for ALC889)
d. ALC885/889a installs: S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext_v2.2.0 (Edited for ALC885)
e. ALC892 installs: S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext_v2.2.0 (Edited for ALC892)
f. ALC898 installs: S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext_v2.2.0 (Edited for ALC898)

Credits
tonymacx86
MacMan

Hello to all.
My question is, whats the difference between :

Unified Device Injector
AppleHDA Rollback
Non-DSDT HDAEnabler
Patched AppleHDA

I have ALC889, but what should i install??
My sound is working, but i don't remember what i used. I will need to install again

Another question is: if i installed the wrong one, how can i uninstall to the install the new ones? It is manually delete the kext that was wrote in this topic?

Thanks for the attention from someone who can answer me.

I have ALC889, but what should i install??
My sound is working, but i don't remember what i used. I will need to install again

Another question is: if i installed the wrong one, how can i uninstall to the install the new ones? It is manually delete the kext that was wrote in this topic?
If you are simply doing a system update, installing the AppleHDA RollBack restores audio. The HDAEnabler and Unified Device Injector are not effected by a Software Update. For a clean install, the guide tells what audio elections to make. If you make a mistake, remove any kext you see on the list and run Multibeast as if it was a clean install (selections as described in the guide).

Hello toleda,

first of all great work! Your kext is working good here although I get some errors while booting (ALC887).

But I've got a question. Will you update your patches to the new AppleHDA in Mountain Lion (v. 2.30)? Would be nice to see. ;)

Greetings,
xxmacmanxx

P.S: It would be nice if you post a guide how to patch the AppleHDA by ourselves (if possible for us :D).

same issue. i notice that the master volume is turned all the way down in your pic. wondering if thats the issue - in that the sound might be working but because is all the way down i hear nothing through my speakers.

motherboard is GA-Z77-DS3h with GT 640 video card.

Hi guys
I'm running my hackitosh on an Asus P8P67 pro rev 3.1 with bios 2302 with an Asus GTS250 and EasyDSDT since with any DSDT I get kernel panic, everything works great but i've some small issue with the ALC892, basically I have sound in pair but not as surround mode, I mean I can have sound either from the 2 front or 2 rear or central but not all together, any idea on how to enable surround? my speakers kit are Creative Inspire 5200, in the screenshots you can see my and only setting available. thanks Antonio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back