Contribute
Register

[Easy Guide] MultiBeast Realtek ALC8xx Audio For Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically I'm asking what your recommended settings would be for a [not fresh] working system.
Right now I have audio, but only out of the back.
What would I need to make it work using the front header?
Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Junior_8791 said:
markX said:
i cant get my audio on usb headphones stop cracking every 10-20 seconds
I would try a different set of head phones first and then double check your wiring to make sure everything is grounded! If everything is okay try a different surge protector!
well i just tried that and still the same. i found appleusbaudio kext and i think thats causing the problem.

hussar said:
Basically I'm asking what your recommended settings would be for a [not fresh] working system.
With System Prefernces/Sound/Output open, what happens to "Internal Speakers" when you plug headphones into the front green audio jack?

markX said:
Junior_8791 said:
markX said:
i cant get my audio on usb headphones stop cracking every 10-20 seconds
I would try a different set of head phones first and then double check your wiring to make sure everything is grounded! If everything is okay try a different surge protector!
well i just tried that and still the same. i found appleusbaudio kext and i think thats causing the problem.
Off topic.

I still have no audio after a fresh install. This is what I did:

1. Install fresh Lion using unibeast.
2. Reboot, and follow the audio instructions using EasyBeast install method

Right now I have no audio, and in Hardware -> Audio (Built In) I see two Intel High Definition Audio devices, first one is blank and second one has all the port information.

choogle said:
Right now I have no audio, and in Hardware -> Audio (Built In) I see two Intel High Definition Audio devices, first one is blank and second one has all the port information.
Are you using a dsdt from the database? Attach a copy Of IOReg.

toleda said:
hussar said:
With System Prefernces/Sound/Output open, what happens to "Internal Speakers" when you plug headphones into the front green audio jack?

I see "headphones"....But no audio.
Only port I get audio out of is the orange port labeled "side" on the back of the mobo.

toleda said:
choogle said:
Are you using a dsdt from the database? Attach a copy Of IOReg.

I don't know why but if I use dsdt from the database dual screen does not work but if I use easy beast then it works fine. here is my IOReg

Attachments

• ioreg.txt
    27.2 KB · Views: 281
Edit: I guess I should try the above as well?

I still have the odd problem when I boot up
Sometimes the audio is there other times it's not
What can I do in multibeast to fix this?
Would love to know the settings to get rid of this problem....
What do you think Toleda?
Thanks.

Could there be an option added to multibeast to restore everything audio related back to it's fresh install state? It would simply remove any user installed HDA files and restore apple's original one? In my mind this would allow those of us who have messed up the audio install to clear it without having to reinstall; in reality I know I may be dreaming.

Is this possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back