Contribute
Register

[Easy Guide] ML: HDMI Audio/HD4000/7 Series MB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, now i have changed my configuration.
I no longer am using HDMI for my audio, and for some reason i cannot use my green front/back audio jacks for my stereo audio.
Any idea what i have done wrong here?

View attachment Christina’s Mac Pro IOREG.ioregView attachment myDSDTaml.zip

I had to compress my DSDT, it said that it was too big of a file to upload for some reason. (46kb?)

Thank you for any help you can provide
Nick

P.S i did try using MultiBeast (5.4.3) to do the Select/Drivers & Bootloaders/Drivers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/With DSDT/ALC888b/887 / 100302 Current.

A little different than in posting #18, i assumed it was about the same though?

I would have given you a break if your motherboard was noted. Since it is not, this post is off topic.
See Post #1, III. Audio Problem Solving in ML: MultiBeast - No Audio/Solutions and Problem Reporting. If you can't fix audio, see Part IV. Problem Reporting.

Sorry about that, it's been awhile since i was on here.

Thanks for your link to that walkthrough, i figured it out.
I was using the wrong ALC Version
3i.10ec0899 > ALC898
Is what i used.

Thank you very much for maintaining this thread so well.
Without the contribution of people like you, people like me wouldn't be able to do this stuff.

Attachments

• IOReg.ioreg
    6.1 MB · Views: 96
  • DSDT.zip
    15 KB · Views: 88
Hello people, does anyone has another tutorial to do this? I did step by step and still no hdmi audio, it is really really hard to understand what he means on his guide, maybe because I have absolutely zero experience in this field. Please if someone has another guide (with pictures preferentially) let me know, I am going crazy without audio! :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

I have a B75M motherboard, so I know that it is compatible.

Yup, I re did it again and still nothing, I am not trying to sound ungrateful here but, does anyone have an easiest guide?

Sorry to cut in i'm doing a build where i will also use c4d cs6 premiere ae, fcp x and motion plus bit of resolve (lite for the moment), and i'm currently in the market for a new GPU (mine is a 4870 hd work fine but want better). So you say open cl would be better on gtx 580 or 590 then on Gtx 660 or ti. What about the newer 3gb hd 7950...there are currently 3gb evga 660 with open cl support what about them.

Hello. I had HDMI audio working on my Mountain Lion install previously (using UEFI patches). I recently upgraded to Mavericks and the HDMI audio worked on first boot. During playback of a video the audio froze, and upon restart the HDMI device had disappeared from my audio devices. I have been using this guide (HDMI Audio/HD4000/7 Series MB) to try and get HDMI audio working again. My HDMI device is connected and Hardware/Graphics/Displays/HDMI device name/Television shows Yes. I am having trouble uploading my dsdt.aml file, but it is one I exported from my BIOS using MaciASL. It would allow the clean compile patch but the second patch (AMI-HD4000-7_Series patch) threw several errors regarding _SB.PCI0.PEGP. I have attached a screenshot of the errors along with the IOReg file. The UEFI patch gives me the same errors. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here are my system specs:

Motherboard: GA-Z77-DS3H
Firmware Version: F9
Processor: i3-3245
Graphics: Intel HD 4000 Realtek ALC887

Attachments

• ioreg 2013-10-27.iore.ioreg
    1.3 MB · Views: 87
  • Screen Shot 2013-10-27 at 7.20.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-10-27 at 7.20.10 PM.png
    61 KB · Views: 115
For some reason I had to zip it in order to upload. Attached is the dsdt file. Thanks.

Attachments

• dsdt.aml.zip
    13.8 KB · Views: 84
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back