Contribute
Register

[Easy Guide] ML: HDMI Audio/HD4000/7 Series MB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi The new patch that you edit. it didn't work on my 10.8.3.
Operator error. The only time you edit the dsdt is after a BIOS update not an OS update. You cannot run the same patch twice on the same dsdt. Install the backup dsdt. If no backup, patch a new extracted dsdt.

Hi Toleda It work now. Man you know everything. I went back to time machine when It was 10.8.2 and install dsdt.aml form old Extra folder save it 10.8.3 Extra folder .and delete HDAEnabler1.kext install KextBeast. Restart and It work .

Thank you so much

Conditions:
GA-Q77M-D2H
i5-3570K w/ HD4000
Possible addition of NVidia GTX650Ti at later date

A-
"Mountain Lion Audio IDs (10.8.2 AppleHDA.kext_v2.3.1 or newer)
1. Audio ID 1/A1: AMD/Nvidia HDMI audio with 3/5/6 port onboard audio 2. Audio ID 3/A3: HD4000 HDMI audio with 3/5/6 port onboard audio"

Do I understand correctly that this means choice must be made at beginning whether edited DSDT will provide HDMI audio via either HD4000 or via PEG (i.e., 2 different DSDTs to satisfy both options)?? (Unlike HD3000 where HDMI audio could come from either HD3000 or PEG with edits to same DSDT?)

B- To create DSDT- run MaciASL, save copy as ASL. Apply IB1 clean compile edits. Compile. If no compile errors, apply either IB2 edits if HD4000 HDMI audio or IB3 edits if AMD-Nvidia HDMI audio (Assuming answer to 'A' above is 'either HD4000 or AMD-Nvidia HDMI audio only'). Compile. If no compile errors, save as DSDT. Install DSDT. Do I understand procedure correctly?

Minor Note: I had never heard of or used github before... it took me a while to figure out that I needed to click on the 'ZIP' button at top of page to download the raw (non-HTML) patches, txt & pdf.

A- Do I understand correctly that this means choice must be made at beginning whether edited DSDT will provide HDMI audio via either HD4000 or via PEG (i.e., 2 different DSDTs to satisfy both options)?? (Unlike HD3000 where HDMI audio could come from either HD3000 or PEG with edits to same DSDT?)

B- To create DSDT- run MaciASL, save copy as ASL. Apply IB1 clean compile edits. Compile. If no compile errors, apply either IB2 edits if HD4000 HDMI audio or IB3 edits if AMD-Nvidia HDMI audio

it took me a while to figure out that I needed to click on the 'ZIP' button at top of page
A - No. If you want HD4000 HDMI audio, use Audio_ID:3 (A3). Audio ID: 3 provides HDMI audio for HD4000 and PEG (if installed). Audio ID:1 (A1) provides PEG HDMI audio (if HD4000 installed, HD4000 HDMI audio will not work). The HDMI audio dsdt edits are the same except HDEF/layout-id. HD3000 HDMI audio has the same rules as HD4000 (actual dsdt edits are different), except the user must edit Patch/HDEF layout-id to 3 if HD3000 (with or without PEG) HDMI audio is desired.

B - If no dsdt; extract dsdt, MaciASL/File/New from ACPI/DSDT. IB2 (A1) is for PEG HDMI audio only. IB3 (A3) is for HD4000 HDMI audio with or without PEG HDMI audio.

Except to edit a Patch file, there is no need to download raw Patches. Adding the URL delivers the most current patches to MaciASL every time it is run. Still looking for a way to show the pdf in the browser or a link to download just the pdf.

Okay, I'm still deciphering what I need to do... I now believe I should ignore the instructions in the first post in this thread and use the pdf from github for my procedure, that was confusing me because at first glance I thought they were the same and I now see they are not. After I do that, I'll check back in if I run into any problems or have questions.

II. Native Compile

14. MaciASL/Compile

Line Code Message
! 2503 4080 Invalid object type for reserved name (found ZERO, requires Buffer)

Patched.dsl attached:
dsdt-motherboard-native patch.dsl.zip

Attachments

• dsdt-motherboard-native patch.dsl.zip
    25.8 KB · Views: 72
! 2503 4080 Invalid object type for reserved name (found ZERO, requires Buffer)
I haven't figured out the patch yet. Manual edit, Find:
Code:
                Method (_CRS, 0, NotSerialized) 
                {
                    If (TPMF)
                    {
                        Return (Zero)
                    }
                    Return (CRS)
                }
Replace:
Code:
                {
                    If (TPMF)
                    {
                        Return (Buffer (One) {Zero})
                    }
                    Return (CRS)
                }

I haven't figured out the patch yet. Manual edit, Find:
Code:
                {
                    If (TPMF)
                    {
                        Return (Zero)
                    }
                    Return (CRS)
                }
Replace:
Code:
                {
                    If (TPMF)
                    {
                        Return (Buffer (One) {Zero})
                    }
                    Return (CRS)
                }

14. MaciASL/Compile:

Compiler Summary

0 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 38 Optimizations

15. If no errors, jump to III. Apply Patch file - MaciASL

16. Patch/toleda_hdmi_hd4000/AMI-HD4000-7_Series-A3

17. MaciASL/Patch/Apply
18. MaciASL/Patch/Close
19. MaciASL/Compile

Compiler Summary

0 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 38 Optimizations

22. MaciASL/File/Save As... /ACPI Machine Language Binary/Extra/dsdt.aml (add extension)
23. Repair permissions and cache (Kext Beast)
24. Restart
25. System Preferences/Sound/Outputs/Select HDMI

Intel HD Graphics 4000:

Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics 4000
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Total): 512 MB
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x0166
Revision ID: 0x0009
Displays:
SC-57:
Resolution: 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Rotation: Supported
Television: Yes

HDMI Audio working- Internal speakers analog audio working (not both at same time, of course)

26. Many thanks and much gratitude to toledo for your endless supply of patience, hard work and sharing!

Final thoughts and questions:

1- HDAEenabler1.kext was found and removed- presumably from the original system installation, 'No DSDT' install of Realtek 887/888b v100302 Current... Multibeast 5.2.1 re-run with selected 'With DSDT' ALC888b/887 v100302 Current. per HDMI audio instructions.

2- System boots and shuts down noticeably slower after DSDT was installed... a fair price to pay for HDMI audio.

3- Nvidia card not installed or tested- new card should arrive Monday and final testing will be done at that time.

4- Please confirm whether or not HD4000 is capable of driving more than one display at a time.

Thank you-

5- Sleep and wake are now broken- now that's too bad...
EDIT: Appears to be unrelated to DSDT as it's happening with the drive originally cloned from that has no DSDT installed...

Final thoughts and questions:
2- System boots and shuts down noticeably slower after DSDT was installed... a fair price to pay for HDMI audio.

4- Please confirm whether or not HD4000 is capable of driving more than one display at a time.
2 - Likely a kernel cache problem.
4 - HD4000 supports 3 displays (HDMI and DP).

Mountain Lion: MultiBeast - No Audio/Solutions and Problem Reporting

Ok first thing, would you like me to direct the rest of my problem to that thread? [Easy Guide] ML: HDMI Audio/HD4000/7 Series MB The reason, I had not is i've seen you already direct alot of inquiries asking for help to this thread. (problem reporting)

I downloaded and attempted to follow the zip folder at this link to fix my issue https://github.com/toleda/audio_hdmi_hd4000

In the pdf guide, I. Preparation - Line 7 - I was assuming you enter the link, then source patches will show up in the maciasl leftside menu. It did not for me, so I pasted that link into my safari. I get a 404 error of some sort. https://raw.github.com/toleda/audio_hdmi_hd4000/master

I've tried both my top and bottom hdmi ports now. Both after a system reboot and my hdmi doesn't show up in sound preferences output. Still shows in system profile under Intel HDA both ports.

As for property type injections... Before attempting your guide I would restart my system. Then go into org.chameleon.boot.plist and delete my efi string, Save, then start the process. The only thing I have is a efi string I found to enable my HD 4000 for graphics. I fought with this for a long time before coming to this thread. Without the efi string in place before a restart my HD 4000 won't work and reverts back to "shared 64MB memory". I assumed for the sake of this guide that would be a big step backwards.

I'm including DSDT.aml which makes my IntelHDA even show up which is essentially just
http://www.tonymacx86.com/DSDT/getDSDT.php?dsdt=DSDT-GA-Z77N-WIFI-F2.aml

and also my native DSDT which I got from my motherboard, efi string in place, no Intel HDA.

and org.chameleon.boot.plist

Very big thanks for your time...If this board is supposed to be in the list of most compatible hardware, I hate to think what others are going through. If I can get this fixed then I consider my build done. Until I buy a GPU later and get to go through it all over again I bet...

Attachments

• Sources.jpg
    Sources.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 216
  • DSDT.aml.zip
    13.7 KB · Views: 87
  • motherboard_native.zip
    24.3 KB · Views: 101
  • org.chameleon.Boot.plist.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 94
Status
Not open for further replies.