Contribute
Register

Early Adopters > Mavericks on a Gigabyte H/Z97N-WIFI using HD4600 - No Graphics Card Needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,

First of all, a massive thanks to all the people like Stork who're making it MUCH easier on first timers like myself!

I managed to get my Hack going (after a week or so of trying) when the latest UniBeast and MultiBeast were released.

My only issue is, I can't seem to increase the resolution for my display. It's stuck at 1024x768. I've tried the option click trick and a few other things but I'm just really hesitant to stuff around too much in case I break my install and have to start again!!

I'm running:

Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H
Intel Core i7 4790K
16 GB of RAM (Corsair Vengence)
Samsung SSD
Samsung 24 inch SD300 display from the DVI port on my mobo.

Any advice on how to proceed here?

Well informed advice would be invaluable right now and GREATLY appreciated!!!

Thanks!

...My only issue is, I can't seem to increase the resolution for my display. It's stuck at 1024x768...display from the DVI port on my mobo...
Boot with GraphicsMode=1926x1080x32.

If it works then use MultiBeast to just do the follofwing: Customize > Boot Options > 1080p Display which assume your Samsung monitor is a 1080p monitor. You can also edit the /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist file with a text editor like TextEdit if you feel comfortable doing this. If not, use MultiBeast.

I would like to thank everyone for all their efforts in creating this thread.

I managed to put together another system for HTPC purposes but cannot get a successful install of Mavericks going. My system setup is in my signature (2nd system) but I can list it here in case it is not visible:

i3 4370
H97N-WIFI
2x4GB Crucial Ballistix
Crucial M4 64GB
Corsair CX430

I'm using the latest download of Mavericks 10.9.5 with Multi-Beast 6.5 and Unibeast 4.0.2. I've followed the guide but unable to get the installer going without certain flags, -x -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes maxmem=2048 npci=0x2000. Once I place these flags I can get through the install but I need to include the flags again when I reboot through the USB into the OS. I run through the Multi-Beast process following Stork's build and use iMac 14,1 but when I restart the Apple load screen shows then goes to black. I noticed that I can't hit the reset button, I have to force shut the system down and try again.

I tried booting without npci=0x2000, just using -x -v, but get a kernel panic.

Any ideas or suggestions?

...I'm using the latest download of Mavericks 10.9.5 with Multi-Beast 6.5 and Unibeast 4.0.2. I've followed the guide but unable to get the installer going without certain flags, -x -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes maxmem=2048 npci=0x2000. Once I place these flags I can get through the install but I need to include the flags again when I reboot through the USB into the OS. I run through the Multi-Beast process following Stork's build and use iMac 14,1 but when I restart the Apple load screen shows then goes to black. I noticed that I can't hit the reset button, I have to force shut the system down and try again.

I tried booting without npci=0x2000, just using -x -v, but get a kernel panic.

Any ideas or suggestions?
You should only need to boot into the the installer with -v maxmem=4096 (or whatever half your total installed memory).

Use only the DVI or HDM1 (bottom port) to connect to your monitor.

Is your memory on the motherboard's certified memory list? Is your PSU rated Haswell "ready" or "certified"?

I will be trying to install Mavericks on a soon-to-be-built computer: GA-H97N-WIFI/i3-4150/GT740. Do I still need to follow this guide?

I'm trying to make a Mac Pro Replica (see here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mac-pro-mods/120757-mac-pro-late-2013-replica.html).
Not entirely as this guide is for using the Integrated Graphics (HD4600). However, all you have to do is modify the Guide by:
  1. In the BIOS just make sure your Peripherals > Initial Display Output > PCIe Slot 1
  2. First boot to begin the installation, you might use -v maxmem-4096 (or whatever is half of your installed memory).
  3. In MultiBeast for Mavericks (v6.5+)
  • You don't need Drivers > Graphics -> Intel 9 Series HD 4600 Graphics Fix
  • You'll need to use iMac14,2 System Definition - HD4600 and discrete graphics card or discrete graphics only

Stork said:
You should only need to boot into the the installer with -v maxmem=4096 (or whatever half your total installed memory).

Use only the DVI or HDM1 (bottom port) to connect to your monitor.

Is your memory on the motherboard's certified memory list? Is your PSU rated Haswell "ready" or "certified"?

It looks like my PSU is still in the validation process for Haswell compatibility and the memory isn't on the compatibility listing, only the 8GB sticks. Guess that may be it.

After a few attempts, I was able to load into the OS but it would never recognize the onboard graphics, it kept saying 7MB on board and no kext found.

Hi Stork,

There is a small problem that has just started to surface. I am using a Logitech wireless keyboard+mouse combo (with the universal USB dongle). Everything was great until a few days ago. My mouse/keyboard would get "disconnected" every once in a while and I would need to power it off and on for it to connect. Sometimes I have to do it more than once. Have you encountered such problems with your USB keyboard/mice? I thought it might be a battery issue, so I replaced them with new ones and the problem persisted. I have also ruled out the possibility of faulty keyboard/mouse because I didn't encounter any issues in Windows7.

Hi Stork,

There is a small problem that has just started to surface. I am using a Logitech wireless keyboard+mouse combo (with the universal USB dongle). Everything was great until a few days ago. My mouse/keyboard would get "disconnected" every once in a while and I would need to power it off and on for it to connect. Sometimes I have to do it more than once. Have you encountered such problems with your USB keyboard/mice? I thought it might be a battery issue, so I replaced them with new ones and the problem persisted. I have also ruled out the possibility of faulty keyboard/mouse because I didn't encounter any issues in Windows7.
Since you didn't mention your Logitech model, I'm assuming you're not use the Logitech 750 Mac Edition with the Unifying Receiver. I am, and it works fine. However, you might want to see if your Logitech Control Center for the Mac is up to date.

Whoops. I should have made myself clear; I'm actually using "windows" MK520 combo.

Anyway after some trial and error I realized the problem only surfaces when the system is in "high load". For example, I first noticed this when I was transferring a large amount of photos from my external hdd into my internal ssd, installing dropbox and something else that I forgot, all at the same time. My mouse pointer stopped moving and I thought my system froze. Thinking back it was probably not because my system froze, but because it "lost connection."

In fact, I haven't experience the "disconnection" with my mouse and keyboard for about half hour now - I have Chrome open with multiple tabs but I guess that is not enough to stress the system yet.

*edit* I take back what I said. The problem started to appear (this time only with my keyboard; mouse worked fine) 10 minutes after I posted this. I've now switched the USB dongle to the USB3.0 port (it was on the 2.0 port).. let's see how it goes.

Fresh Mavericks install works great, thanks to your tutorial.

But I can't boot OSX after 10.9.5 upgrade.
Actually the same errors appears even after the 10.9.4 combo upgrade:

- x -v
System Uptime in nanoseconds...

- x -v UseKernelCache=No
System Uptime in nanoseconds...

-x -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes
DRMStatus Error

Solution from this forum doesn't work.

At first boot
boot args: -v -s
cd System/Library/Extensions
mkdir IntelBack
mv AppleIntelHD* IntelBack/
mv AppleIntelSNB* IntelBack/
reboot

So I get "read only" message at "mkdir IntelBack" step. (even with "sudo" in front of the "mkdir")

Any advice on how to make it running?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back