Contribute
Register

Early Adopters > Mavericks on a Gigabyte H/Z97N-WIFI using HD4600 - No Graphics Card Needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I'm trying to boot into Mavericks Installer, but my screen just goes blank after the Apple gray screen loads for about three minutes. I get the error "BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 no such file or directory" and "WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : get CPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a -- power management may be incomplete or unsupported."
Did you boot into the Installer with the flag "maxmem=4096"? Review my Guide for a possible step you omitted. Since the guide was put together with many test installations, you must have left out a step.

I encountered a weird problem maybe someone here knows how to fix.

I just did a fresh install on a system:Gigabyte z97n
i3 4370 hd4600
Mavericks 10.9.5
MultiBeast 6.5.0​

I did the normal install for Mavericks. I then did my MB install and rebooted. I went to disk utility and tried to open it and I got a generic error and it wont open. I booted back into usb installer repaired permissions and booted back into my system but disk utility still doesn't work. Anyone have an idea why this occurred? Do I just try to reinstall Mavericks? Everything else is working perfect.
Sure sounds like the Disk Utility application is corrupted. Unfortunately, I recommend a re-install. Good luck!

Sure sounds like the Disk Utility application is corrupted. Unfortunately, I recommend a re-install. Good luck!

Hey Stork, amazing guide! I actually bought my hackintosh parts based on this guide. Quick question though, in the future when Yosemite is released publicly will we be seeing a follow-up guide for our H97N systems?

And also one more question, currently I have no problems with my system, running a very stable 10.9.4, but what would be the benefits to installing a custom SSDT Power Management?

Hey Stork, amazing guide! I actually bought my hackintosh parts based on this guide. Quick question though, in the future when Yosemite is released publicly will we be seeing a follow-up guide for our H97N systems?...
We shall have to wait to see. I'll post an update, if necessary, shortly after Yosemite is release. I expect surprises which will probably result in a delay in the update.

xXrkidXx said:
...And also one more question, currently I have no problems with my system, running a very stable 10.9.4, but what would be the benefits to installing a custom SSDT Power Management?
None. I am currently not using a SSDT as the native power management does the job. You can test for yourself by installing PikeRAlpha's AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext. See toldea's excellent thread for more info.

Hi Stork!

First up, thanks for putting up this guide together - it really helped me a lot. While I've managed to get most of the things up and running, my hack is now missing internet connection. I've installed the drivers recommended but I don't seem to be able to configure my ethernet (I'm connected via ethernet, and my network diagnostics is greyed out for ethernet and Wi-Fi). Do you have any idea why?

Also, I believe the section in red below is no longer needed, since Multibeast 6.5 already includes those settings (at least I didn't carry out those steps)?

Edit: I'm running GA-H97m D3H on 10.9.5.

:ch: Save <--- Save your MultiBeast configuration file somewhere convenient
Here's my MultiBeast configuration file: View attachment 105118 To use it
:ch: Download it and unzip it;
:ch: Run MultiBeast and click on the Load button and select the downloaded .mb file; and​
:ch: Click on the Install button in the MultiBeast window bottom right hand corner.​
:ch: After the MultiBeast installation is complete, copy the Kext Utility from the UniBeast USB thumb drive to the Desktop and unzip it by double clicking on it;
:ch: Copy the Azul zip file to the Desktop, unzip it and move the zip file to the Trash;
:ch: Drag and drop the AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext onto the Kext Utility icon to install the kext;
:ch: copy the graphics_intel_hd5k-azul-d-90_patch.zip file to the Desktop, unzip it and move the zip file to the Trash;
:ch: Double click on the graphics_intel_hd5k-azul-d-90_patch.command and enter your password;
:ch: Reboot into the BIOS.
:ch: Change BIOS Features > Boot Options Priorities > set this to the P0 setting for the Mavericks drive
:ch: F10 to save the BIOS update and reboot.

Hi Stork!

First up, thanks for putting up this guide together - it really helped me a lot. While I've managed to get most of the things up and running, my hack is now missing internet connection. I've installed the drivers recommended but I don't seem to be able to configure my ethernet (I'm connected via ethernet, and my network diagnostics is greyed out for ethernet and Wi-Fi). Do you have any idea why?
I'm using the Atheros Ethernet connector, and it works fine. I tried the Intel Ethernet connector, but couldn't get it to work.

baineteo said:
Also, I believe the section in red below is no longer needed, since Multibeast 6.5 already includes those settings (at least I didn't carry out those steps)?

Edit: I'm running GA-H97m D3H on 10.9.5.
Ouuuuu, good catch! :clap: I removed it. Thanks for pointing it out to me.

I'm using the Atheros Ethernet connector, and it works fine. I tried the Intel Ethernet connector, but couldn't get it to work.

That's strange. I installed that as well but couldn't get it to work. The good news, however, is that I went to Gigabyte's website and checked the LAN controller - it's by Realtek (maybe because your board is the H97N while mine is the H97m D3H - probably different LAN controller since yours has built-in WiFi).

Anyway, I installed the Realtek > AppleRTL816Ethernet 2.0.6 and it works!! :)

That's strange. I installed that as well but couldn't get it to work. The good news, however, is that I went to Gigabyte's website and checked the LAN controller - it's by Realtek (maybe because your board is the H97N while mine is the H97m D3H - probably different LAN controller since yours has built-in WiFi).

Anyway, I installed the Realtek > AppleRTL816Ethernet 2.0.6 and it works!! :)
Super!! :clap: Enjoy your H97M build. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back