Contribute
Register

Early Adopter's Guide to Intel's Haswell CPUs and 8-Series Motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Early Adopter's Guide to Intel's Haswell CPUs and 8-Series Motherboards

I am sure Apple would like to close off the Hackintosh market altogether.

I don't think this is true. If Apple were interested in selling a competitive bargain desktop computer, they would and could do it.

People using MacOS - even on a hackintosh- are much more likely to have an iPhone, iPad and shop at Apple's app store. You also might use Apple's Safari browser where apple can make some more money off you. Google does just fine giving their OS away - so too can Apple. The sale of the genuine computer is the icing, not the cake. Besides, once you have a tryout of the Mac OS and are in love with it, it won't be long before you line up for an Apple brand laptop - there is nothing on the market to compare to Apple notebooks in value for money. I think Apple does just fine for themselves leaving the bargain computer niche to the hackintoshers.

Article: Early Adopter's Guide to Intel's Haswell CPUs and 8-Series Motherboards

I don't think this is true. If Apple were interested in selling a competitive bargain desktop computer, they would and could do it.

People using MacOS - even on a hackintosh- are much more likely to have an iPhone, iPad and shop at Apple's app store. You also might use Apple's Safari browser where apple can make some more money off you. Google does just fine giving their OS away - so too can Apple. The sale of the genuine computer is the icing, not the cake. Besides, once you have a tryout of the Mac OS and are in love with it, it won't be long before you line up for an Apple brand laptop - there is nothing on the market to compare to Apple notebooks in value for money. I think Apple does just fine for themselves leaving the bargain computer niche to the hackintoshers.

And to that you have a point.... I had been using a Hackintosh for years and finally purcahsed a MacBook Pro for my mobile needs. And yes indeed is the greatest quality and functionalaity that I have seen in a laptop/notebook computer. My apologies to the Moderator for taking the thread a bit off track. Please forgive me.

I would suggest taking a read of this Haswell-Compatible Power Supply Information

Yes I read that and a few other articles however lots of comments say you can disable the c6/c7 in BIOS. I am just trying to ascertain if it can be done with that case. It will only have 1 SSD. The CPU... 16GB RAM and a dvd drive. Can someone please help.?

what about [h=1]ASUS MAXIMUS VI GENE[/h]
does this gonna support.

As I posted earlier... I see big compatibility issues coming. Did you see this article........... Haswell may not be compatible.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/intel-9-series-chipset-haswell-broadwell,24005.html

This does mention that it is a rumour. Even if you were to buy today's Haswell 8 series then it may not suit you to upgrade next year. A lot can change in 10-12 months. I upgrade my systems periodically. Main system every 2-3 years and my media build the same. It is a matter of choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back