Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
LNVNB161216
CPU
i7-8550u
Graphics
UHD 620 (3840x2160)
I have been having a hard time getting iMessage to work on my U430 and have been trying to change certain system variables to attempt to resolve this. In the process, my laptop has been registered on iCloud with two different serial numbers.

Part of this process and the reason I created a new serial number was because I wanted to try adding a unique smUUID to config.plist. The old serial number that is currently still showing up online on iCloud. I have attempted to hit the X to remove it and nothing happens, and iCloud shows the message "This device will reappear if it is connected to the internet" as it would any time an attempt to delete any of the devices is made. My assumption is that iCloud is identifying this computer with some system variable other than Serial Number or smUUID, a variable that I have not changed and thus I am unable to remove it from the list.

Now, I am at a point where I want to start experimenting with altering the MLB and ROM to try to get iMessage to work, but I'm worried about continuing to add new instances of this computer to iCloud and really would like to figure out how to delete the old one before proceeding. If anyone has any advice on this topic, it would be massively appreciated.

I am using the config.plist generated by RehabMan, with only changes being added smUUID and altered Serial Number for Lenovo u430 running Clover.

I had already been running OSX for a week before changing the serial. I'm wondering where else within the system files the serial is embedded and what I might be able to remove or delete that would clean this up, if in fact iCloud is identifying my laptop based on serial.

Last edited:
After a few days of working with this problem, I realized that I had to re-enter the old serial number into my config.plist, log into the computer, sign out of iCloud deleting all files and then again remove the device from iCloud, finally solving the problem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back