Contribute
Register

Dual Booting Recomendations and Troubleshooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going Bald - I just want to say that I personally am glad that you are a moderator on this forum. How you answered this guy's questions was a joy to read. I personally would have not been so polite. This guy chose and unsupported motherboard to tackle and you were so nice in your responses.

Keep up the good work, and I'll try to be more like you when responding to others.

/Bob

Yeah thanks bald! I really appreciate all the help. I am in the home stretch and glad that I switched to a Z87 board. Literally took no effort to boot. Bob, it was my mistake and wasn't sure what I was doing I just wanted to make it new as possible but like every project I had hiccups. I am glad I am almost done nah proud how it came out so far. Still got to tweak some user accounts and tweak chimera but other then that I am done. Thanks everyone for putting up with me:headbang::beachball::lol:

~Matt

Hey Guys, sorry to reopen this awful thread. I ran into a problem today and have no clue why, I hadn't changed anything and it was perfectly working yesterday but I got a kernel panic when booting and when booting -v I get this message
IMG_5554.jpg

I do not understand why. I have done some googling but come up empty. I thought USBMSC was a usb error but i unplugged all and that didn't solve anything

I re ran mulitbeast the day before to try to get the re install to get windows to pop up in chimera but it didn't work. It still booted fine. I tried unplugging all sata ports except for OSX drive. That failed. I can get to the desktop with -x -v but i dont understand what is wrong. Help?

I see nothing in the pic that is a problem. Is this as far as it gets?

Yeah the boot halts. I didn't change anything since it worked last time?

Try reset CMOS, boot to BIOS and select optimum defaults and reset your settings for OS X, save & exit and continue boot. Hopefully that will clear it up. Can't really tell anything from the POST screen, but can't think of anything that would just stop the POST at that point, either.

I reset OSX, I figured out later after re installing that is was just my VT-d that was off. I have been running the system for about two weeks now and everything seems to work fine. The last thing that i have noticed is that my GPU seems to not be injecting correctly. It displays everything and my computer boots without any flags. But when I go two About my Mac it Says GTX 760 0 MB. I installed CUDA drivers but to no avail. All of the mac transition animations run smooth but loading pictures and displaying them and photoshop run really slow. Its probably something obvious again but the suggestions are greatly appreciated

Thanks again bald

Changed GraphicsEnabler to No in chameleon.plist file in Extra folder. My score in Heaven is 958 and reinstalled cuda drivers prior. Only issue now is performance in Photoshop is very poor even when giving it more Ram, (75%)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back