Contribute
Register

Dual booting El capitan + Linux using Clover (suggestions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
D54250WYK
CPU
i5 3470S
Graphics
HD4000
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Hi there,

I successfully made my Laptop Clover boot both El Capitan and Linux by directly passing the kernel EFI to Clover bootloader, with a custom entry.
Now I'm wondering if it's possible to leave the ACPI tables as they are when booting a custom entry in Clover, just because I "removed" my GeForce integrated card from my DSDT.aml (ElCapitan is using the Intel card), but I would like it to work with Linux just because it supports it. Clover seems to pass patched ACPI tables to all operating systems that it's booting.
Is there any option? I searched the Clover manual but I didn't find anything about this.

Thanks

Moved to El Capitan Laptop Support.

Hi there,

I successfully made my Laptop Clover boot both El Capitan and Linux by directly passing the kernel EFI to Clover bootloader, with a custom entry.
Now I'm wondering if it's possible to leave the ACPI tables as they are when booting a custom entry in Clover, just because I "removed" my GeForce integrated card from my DSDT.aml (ElCapitan is using the Intel card), but I would like it to work with Linux just because it supports it. Clover seems to pass patched ACPI tables to all operating systems that it's booting.
Is there any option? I searched the Clover manual but I didn't find anything about this.

Thanks

Patched ACPI files in ACPI/patched are in effect only when booting OS X/macOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back