GT 640 oc
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi there,

i am pretty new to this. I have several questions.
I want to set up my Hackintosh with Dual Boot as mentioned in the titel.
Does anyone have experiences with this combination?

How will get it working fine with the latest 10.8.2?

I have the Buyers Guide Mac Mini Deluxe Setup with a GT 640.
I guess with the hardware it should be all good.

But how should my Setup be?
I only found a Dual boot with Lion here in the threads.

Thank You for your Help.

Windows will be on the same hard disk as OS X? Or on a separate hard disk?

I have this setup. There are several guides out there. Basically you install mountain lion like normal. After ml was setup and running properly I shrank the mountain lion partition and created a separate partition with disk utility. Formatted it for Windows, installed Windows 7 like normal on that partition. You then have to boot from your unibeast usb and rerun multibeast in ml and only install the bootloader.

I want to install ml on 1 TB disk and win 7 on a seperate 250 gb hdd.

So first ml and then win7?

I want to install ml on 1 TB disk and win 7 on a seperate 250 gb hdd.

So first ml and then win7?

In that case, order doesn't really matter. Install ML using the guide, and install Win7 normally. Use Multibeast to install Chimera to your ML disk. Set BIOS boot priority to boot to ML disk, and you're done (this assumes your BIOS can boot to a GPT drive).

In that case, order doesn't really matter. Install ML using the guide, and install Win7 normally. Use Multibeast to install Chimera to your ML disk. Set BIOS boot priority to boot to ML disk, and you're done (this assumes your BIOS can boot to a GPT drive).

I'm also new at this and had the exact same questions (thanks stevemac for the post). I have another noob question also, when I use Multibeast to install a new "option" do I have to reselect all of the previous items? Or does Multibeast just "add" the new selection on top of the previous one already made? Thanks for the help.

I'm also new at this and had the exact same questions (thanks stevemac for the post). I have another noob question also, when I use Multibeast to install a new "option" do I have to reselect all of the previous items? Or does Multibeast just "add" the new selection on top of the previous one already made? Thanks for the help.

Generally, you don't have to select previous options. For example, all the driver options are just installing kext into /S/L/E, so each one you do is added.

Thanks RehabMan. I tried using your guide to dual boot OSX and Win7 from two different HD's. I finally got Windows working correctly on a 256GB SSD that I partitioned to later install Ubuntu on. Now when I boot, I don't get the Chameleon Bootloader option. Every time I restart the system it starts up on Windows. Any suggestions?

Thanks RehabMan. I tried using your guide to dual boot OSX and Win7 from two different HD's. I finally got Windows working correctly on a 256GB SSD that I partitioned to later install Ubuntu on. Now when I boot, I don't get the Chameleon Bootloader option. Every time I restart the system it starts up on Windows. Any suggestions?

Easiest way is to make sure your BIOS is set to boot from the device which has your OS X install and make sure you install Chimera there. There are other more complex ways, but if that works for you, then use it.

The issue is the stage0 boot record, which must be Chimera's (boot0md) and must be on the disk device your BIOS is booting to. You could install boot0md to the disk that has Win/Ubuntu on it, but you'd have to do so manually (using fdisk440):

Code:
# substitute your BIOS boot drive for rdisk0 as necessary
/usr/sbin/fdisk440 -f /usr/standalone/i386/boot0md -u -y /dev/rdisk0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back