Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP 8742
CPU
i7-10750H
Graphics
GTX 1650
Hello, I have a successful hackintosh running ML.

But I just bought some audio hardware... and to my surprise it just doesn't run on ML, and in fact some other ply-ins, and stuff I use don't either.
So I was thinking If I could dual boot with SL, on the same HDD?
I guess that I will be a trial run, to see if I switch all the way to SL, or If I just use it when doing Audio.
But anyway, hope you guys can help.

Thanks

If you are using the Z68 in your profile and the CPU is also SB, then you should have no problem. Boot the ML, use disk utility to shrink your ML partition and create a new partition for SL and install it. Chimera can see and boot both of them.
Better to install on a separate drive if you have one.

Hello, I have a successful hackintosh running ML.

But I just bought some audio hardware... and to my surprise it just doesn't run on ML, and in fact some other ply-ins, and stuff I use don't either.
So I was thinking If I could dual boot with SL, on the same HDD?
I guess that I will be a trial run, to see if I switch all the way to SL, or If I just use it when doing Audio.
But anyway, hope you guys can help.

Thanks

dcuchillas

AS GB has pointed out its better to use two HD,s - but it can be done w one.

You may want to or need to reinstall the newer Chimera loader that is w ML as the Multibeast will install the SL older one - there has been no update to Chimera for SL as has been done w ML.

When running MultiBeast - do read the small print in the dialog box's as this describes what is happening in each step.

If you are using the Z68 in your profile and the CPU is also SB, then you should have no problem. Boot the ML, use disk utility to shrink your ML partition and create a new partition for SL and install it. Chimera can see and boot both of them.
Better to install on a separate drive if you have one.

I think that the process is the same as when installing for the first time.

I have to make a bootable drive (using unibeast or what software??) and the boot from the drive on the boot screen, and intall it on the desired hard drive.

???

right??

I think that the process is the same as when installing for the first time.

I have to make a bootable drive (using unibeast or what software??) and the boot from the drive on the boot screen, and intall it on the desired hard drive.

???

right??

dcuchillas

If you are speaking about the install of Snow Leopard - this process uses the iBoot CD which you get from downloads - then you need a RETAIL OSX Snow Leopard DVD from Apple.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/303-mac-os-x-10-6-snow-leopard-dvd-available-again-online-19-99.html

Once you have that you follow the 10.6. Install Guide from the GUIDES Section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back