Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus h61 m lx-3
CPU
Intel Celeron g2030
Graphics
Ati Radeon 5670
I didn't found any instruction on this site about this specific combinations of operating systems. I have few questions...

Because I am going to use two separate HDDs (SATA) I wonder just in general what are the steps? Currently I have already installed OSX Sierra on one hard disk and everything works great.

Now I hope that installing Windows 7 is going to be easy as, unplugging OSX drive, plugging new drive (SATA, or even SSD if that is a better option in this case), and installing Windows. Now without changing a boot order in BIOS, I guess that Clover bootloader will recognize these two system drives, and will let me choose a drive to boot from?

Is this going to be that easy, or I need some additional steps ? If I need to provide hardware specific details, let me know...

Last edited:
Rules:
UserNames, Profiles, Avatars and Signatures

Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

In general, depends on what your hardware is and what version of Mac OS you want to run. Is your hardware capable of EFI booting? If yes, then you should make sure you install Win7 UEFI mode so Clover can boot it.
The basic steps for installing Win7 are same as for Win10 - insert media (DVD or USB) and use the hot key to select a boot device. Make sure you select from the list the Win7 installer with UEFI or EFI in front of it. Install.

Note that it is best to have no other drives connected when installing Windows.

@GoingBald Hi and thanks for a response.

I have a UEFI motherboard. Still, I don't remember which option I have chosen (UEFI Boot Mode or Legacy Boot Mode). How do I check what mode do I use currently (more precisely, what I have selected at installation process of OSX) ?

One stupid question (thanks for your previous explanation though), would just having two separate HDDs and pressing something like F2 or F8 (or whatever the key for selecting a boot device is) to choose a boot device, just work? In this case, Clover would be skipped at all... Or this is impossible and we must use Clover to boot (by selecting a device from a Clover boot screen) ?

Last edited:
Please enter your hardware in your profile - it does make a difference.
If you have installed Sierra with you ran MultiBeast post install, what selections did you make? UEFI or Legacy?

I didn't found any instruction on this site about this specific combinations of operating systems. I have few questions...

Because I am going to use two separate HDDs (SATA) I wonder just in general what are the steps? Currently I have already installed OSX Sierra on one hard disk and everything works great.

Now I hope that installing Windows 7 is going to be easy as, unplugging OSX drive, plugging new drive (SATA, or even SSD if that is a better option in this case), and installing Windows. Now without changing a boot order in BIOS, I guess that Clover bootloader will recognize these two system drives, and will let me choose a drive to boot from?

Is this going to be that easy, or I need some additional steps ? If I need to provide hardware specific details, let me know...
You will need Clover to load before the Microsoft EFI or else it will not work. Set your OS X drive to a higher priority in BIOS and Clover will let you choose which operating system to use.

Personally, I recommend keeping a single EFI partition on only one of the drives that contains both the Microsoft EFI as well as the Clover EFI.

Please enter your hardware in your profile - it does make a difference.
If you have installed Sierra with you ran MultiBeast post install, what selections did you make? UEFI or Legacy?

I have updated my profile with a hardware info, but I'll put it here as well:

Asus h61 m lx-3
Intel Celeron g2030
Ati Radeon 5670

Not a beast at all :) But surprisingly I have been running successfully Yosemite, El Capitan and now Sierra on it.

About the selection. Sorry, I can't say for sure. I don't remember exactly. Can you tell me how can I find out that info?

I have updated my profile with a hardware info, but I'll put it here as well:

Asus h61 m lx-3
Intel Celeron g2030
Ati Radeon 5670

Not a beast at all :) But surprisingly I have been running successfully Yosemite, El Capitan and now Sierra on it.

About the selection. Sorry, I can't say for sure. I don't remember exactly. Can you tell me how can I find out that info?
An Asus P8H61-M LX-3 board is UEFI according to the Asus spec, so install Win7 UEFI mode with the Mac OS drive disconnected.
You can follow the Win10 dual boot on separate drives guide - Win7 works the same as Win10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back