Contribute
Register

Dual Boot macOS 10.12 Sierra and Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I see.

Another question, the installation guide states:
"UEFI Boot Mode is recommended for 7/8/9/100 Series CustoMac desktops and all UEFI capable systems. Legacy Boot Mode is recommended for 5/6 Series CustoMac desktops and all BIOS based systems."

How do i determine which series I'm on?
What PCH is on your mainboard? Given i5 3570K I would say Maximus V was a 7 series board - i.e. it has a Z77 PCH.

Hello!

How do I dual boot macOS 10.12 Sierra and Windows 10 on Legacy BIOS without data loss if I have already installed Windows 10?

Thank you!
I can be done, obviously with some precautions. I followed a guide found in this forum because it was very thorough, but there are similar guides out there.

I have installed WIN10 legacy mode on an MBR formatted SSD in a thunderbolt dock: it boots fine but it's mandatory to unplug my internal Mac disks. Do you think clover will be the solution for a cohabitation with the internal Mac GPT disks that boot in EFI and the external Windows 10 MBR?
On macrumors forum i was told that UEFI booting windows needs a more recent hardware with at least a Haswell processor? I may want to find a better solution than a costly purchase of a newer MBPro...

I have installed WIN10 legacy mode on an MBR formatted SSD in a thunderbolt dock: it boots fine but it's mandatory to unplug my internal Mac disks. Do you think clover will be the solution for a cohabitation with the internal Mac GPT disks that boot in EFI and the external Windows 10 MBR?
On macrumors forum i was told that UEFI booting windows needs a more recent hardware with at least a Haswell processor? I may want to find a better solution than a costly purchase of a newer MBPro...
Clover is for PCs, not Macs. If you need something like Clover for a "real" Mac, use rEFInd.
http://www.rodsbooks.com/refind/

same question as above ? is dual boot possible with windows 10 already installed or can it be a separate disk and still dual boot?

same question as above ? is dual boot possible with windows 10 already installed or can it be a separate disk and still dual boot?
Can be same drive is if certain conditions are met or can be separate drive. See the pinned guides in the MultiBooting forum.

Hi guys, I want to install sierra on my laptop with Win 10 UEFI, there is the EFI partition of 260 MB at the beginning but also the recovery partition in the middle of the drive. I followed the guide for the Bios settings. I also created a UEFI usb drive with UniBeast.

But right after i choose Sierra the Apple logo screen freezes at 0%
In the verbose mode -v it stucks on the line AppleUSBLega

I really don't want to erase Win 10...

Hi guys, I want to install sierra on my laptop with Win 10 UEFI, there is the EFI partition of 260 MB at the beginning but also the recovery partition in the middle of the drive. I followed the guide for the Bios settings. I also created a UEFI usb drive with UniBeast.

But right after i choose Sierra the Apple logo screen freezes at 0%
In the verbose mode -v it stucks on the line AppleUSBLega

I really don't want to erase Win 10...
Post your problem in the laptop forum - this is a desktop support forum.
See also the pinned guide at the beginning of this forum.

Hi I'm trying to dual boot my computer ( a old HP pavilion ) with Mac OS Sierra and windows 10 I have 2 separate hard drives could you help me? ( Have windows 10 installed right now)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back