Contribute
Register

Dual Boot macOS 10.12 Sierra and Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I have my OS 10.12.6 up and running but now I'm getting this message shortly after the installation of WIN10 begins.
I have Sierra on the NVMe and trying to install windows on a SSD
@Going Bald any ideas?
Anybody have any suggestions where to go next?
Thanks

IMG_20171013_160937.jpg

Last edited:
@Frankco
Have you tried removing the NVMe drive before starting the Win10 install? It is always best to have only the target drive connected to install Windows. The installer probably wanted to put some of the boot files on the NVMe price, found it could not, and, figuratively speaking, threw up its hands and gave up.

@Frankco
Have you tried removing the NVMe drive before starting the Win10 install? It is always best to have only the target drive connected to install Windows. The installer probably wanted to put some of the boot files on the NVMe price, found it could not, and, figuratively speaking, threw up its hands and gave up.
thanks so much for your reply!
I was reluctant to physically remove the drive as the pump tubes were on the way and couldn't quite get access to the tiny screw (as well as being afraid of messing things up), but grabbed some courage (and a smaller screw driver) did the removal and voila! everything works like a charm now. The multibooting just worked as soon as i put the NVMe back.
Screen Shot 2017-10-15 at 14.16.22.jpg

I had windows 10 installed first and added Sierra onto the same drive partitioned 1TB each, used EasyBcd as my bootloader for a while but I've had no issues (so far)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back