Contribute
Register

Dual Boot macOS 10.12 Sierra and Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one with 223 gb it is actually a ssd & i Want to install on a partition of a hdd with 3726 gb
For installing on a separate drive, so long as it is gpt+, suggest you back up any data on the drive and reformat it so it has an EFI partition of at least 200MB - this can be done with either diskpart in Windows command terminal or with Mac OS install Disk Utility,

For installing on a separate drive, so long as it is gpt+, suggest you back up any data on the drive and reformat it so it has an EFI partition of at least 200MB - this can be done with either diskpart in Windows command terminal or with Mac OS install Disk Utility,

I dnt format that disk as it has some huge amount of data on it & i dnt left with any other hdd to back up aal of that... IS it not possible to simpy jst install on one of the partition without fomatting any drive???

I dnt format that disk as it has some huge amount of data on it & i dnt left with any other hdd to back up aal of that... IS it not possible to simpy jst install on one of the partition without fomatting any drive???
To boot on a UEFI based hardware build you need an EFI partition on your drive to put the Mac OS boot files or it will not be bootable.

To boot on a UEFI based hardware build you need an EFI partition on your drive to put the Mac OS boot files or it will not be bootable.
So formatting is the only option... If yes then I hav to purchase the another hdd... I hav to ask one more Actually I want to us mac only for audio production so logic is gonna wrk f9 or do inned to purchase the mac for that???

So what do i need to show? Can you tell me how to find that out?
Look at the specs for your exact model number + the options on the HP web site. When you find them, put them in your profile:
Mobo = HP [model #] Zxx
CPU = i3/i5/i7 [model #]

So formatting is the only option... If yes then I hav to purchase the another hdd... I hav to ask one more Actually I want to us mac only for audio production so logic is gonna wrk f9 or do inned to purchase the mac for that???
Yes, formatting is necessary. A new SSD would be better than a HDD. Whether logic will work with your hardware, best to ask that question of those who use it at https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/music.21/

Hi! I've installed last updated Sierra on hd1 and Windows 10 legacy on hd2. I've clover placed in hd1 and when it starts I can see 2 windows HD legacy options but in both cases the result is a white square in the center of the screen and freeze..I can boot only changing the first boot option.. Do you know how to solve ? Thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back