Contribute
Register

Dual boot and sleep problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

I set up my first hackintosh after several years on Apple computers (needed more graphics performances) and I have a few problems on which I need some help.

First things first, here's my setup :
  • Motherboard : MSI Z97 PC Mate
  • CPU : Intel i5-4590
  • RAM : 8Go (2x4Go) Corsair Vengeance
  • GPU : Sapphire R9 280X
  • SSD : Kingston SSD Now V300 240Go
  • Power supply : Corsair CX500
  • Case : Corsair SPEC-01

After a whole day trying to instal OS X using Clover, I finally moved to UniBeast/MultiBeast and it worked like a charm on the first try :)

Problem 1 : The dual boot

I resized my Mac OS X partition to leave some empty space for Windows and launched the installation. It went smoothly, Windows was working well but on each reboot, Windows was started automatically so I used my UniBeast flash drive to boot on OS X and installed the bootloader on the EFI partition (I needed to do it on the EFI partition because of some graphical issues upon boot). With that being done, I was unable to boot on Windows again, I was always greeted with a missing boot file message. So I decided to reinstall Windows and now I can boot on Windows by choosing the correct drive upon boot (by hitting F11) and boot on OS X but only with the UniBeast flash drive. If I try to start Windows using the bootloader, I face the same boot error message.

How can I do to have the bootloader installed on my SSD without breaking everything? I'm okay to use F11 on boot to choose to launch Windows but it would be nice to not have to use the flash drive to boot on OS X. I strongly prefer a solution that doesn't involve some OS reinstallation.

Here is the output of a "diskutil list" if it can helps :

/dev/disk0
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: GUID_partition_scheme *240.1 GB disk0
1: EFI NO NAME 209.7 MB disk0s1
2: Apple_HFS Macintosh HD 120.0 GB disk0s2
3: Apple_Boot Recovery HD 650.0 MB disk0s3
4: Microsoft Reserved 16.8 MB disk0s4
5: Microsoft Basic Data 119.2 GB disk0s5

Problem 2 : Sleep

On OS X, I have a problem regarding the waking up from sleep.

With hibernate mode = 0, the computer wakes up but the mouse is lagging and I can't do anything.
With hibernate mode = 1, the computer simply shuts down...
With hibernate mode = 3, the computer wakes up but I have a forever spinning white wheel and I can't do anything.

Hibernate mode 0 seems the best for a desktop but I need to fix it and I don't know how. Any ideas?

Many thanks to whoever read the whole (fairly big) message and bring some help.

Here are some updates about my problems.

The dual boot issue has been fixed by installing the Clover bootloader and reinstalling Windows in UEFI mode but I still have the same problems with the sleep.

Right now, with hibernate mode set to 0, the computer wakes up from sleep, displays the image for one second or so then reboots...

Any clues on how to fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back