evga gtx 970
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello-

First post, and I have looked all over but bear with me if this is already common knowledge.

I've been running Yosemite on my Macbook Air for a few weeks (before I decided to build a Hackintosh). I've tried to follow the downloading directions to get the installer again... from the App store, it warns me that I already have it installed, and asks if I would like to continue. Of course I would! Then, it runs the installer. When I quit that, there is no Yosemite Install app in Applications (or anywhere else that I can find). I just tried again for a third time, after unchecking all the auto-stuff in the App Store section of Preferences. Now, it just "spins" when I click the download link, nothing seems to happen. After several minutes, it times out.

Any ideas? Any direct links to download the iso from Apple?

Thanks for any input!

Try restarting your computer and trying again. App store tends to be kinda buggy sometimes. Same thing happened with my MBP. I would just keep trying

EDIT:

I was able to download it to another machine. This gets the job done, but I am still uneasy not knowing how or why my app store is "broken".

---

I've restarted several times.

Same thing... the app store warns me that I already have it installed, asks if I want to continue, I say yes and the little loading thing just spins and spins. I left it overnight and woke up to it just spinning...

Are there any other ways to get the ISO? Do I need to find a Mavericks machine somewhere?

This is fairly frustrating since as I understand it, building a multiboot machine is simplest if I do OSX first. Not being able to obtain the OSX iso is a real bottleneck in this case!

Thanks for any other suggestions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back