Contribute
Register

Does not shutdown (reboot instead), ga-z170mx gaming 5, OS X 10.11.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, the GTX660 has native support, and I do not need to use the web driver.

This issue seems to be common with Gigabyte motherboards but can be fixed easily. I also encountered this problem on my system, and, once I set the required fix, the problem disappeared.

Check this : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-problem-with-automatic-reboot-at-shutdown.214616/

Awesome - thanks heaps ... I hadn't come across that thread.

Will give that a shot - hopefully that does it!

I used first Clover to edit the config.plist but it never worked. It happened after checking the config.plist that the key that Clover wrotes was wrong. I just had to edit it manually as this
<key>FixShutdown_0004<key/>
<true/>

This fixed my reboot on shutdown problem

I used first Clover to edit the config.plist but it never worked. It happened after checking the config.plist that the key that Clover wrotes was wrong. I just had to edit it manually as this
<true/>

Wow - thanks @zipb ... this fixed the problem for me on my Z270X-UD3.

Clover Configurator was generating:

Code:
<key>FixShutdown<key/>
<true/>

But I needed to manually change it to:

Code:
<true/>

For what it's worth, I'm actually on Sierra 10.12.6.

Sounds like your system is messy. Make sure you save your ssdt's /configs etc to the right places. Clover Configurator wipes the 0004 part, you have to edit this by hand(using textwrangeler, for example). I also have a halt enabler fix with a number at the end that might help:

<key>Fixes</key>
<dict>
<key>FIX_WAK_200000</key>
<true/>
<key>FixShutdown_0004</key>
<true/>
</dict>

Looks like in my case "clover configurator -> Acpi->FixShutdown + ACPI->Halt Enabler, and in gigabyte bios enable "ErP" fixes the problem :)

I did All of that , and the problem continues. ErP Enabled

<true/>

Thanks a lot, had lost hopes of ever having a proper shutdown again!!!

Should be stickied somewhere on the forum!

<true/>

This edit killed my system, now another sleepless night waiting... need to get back to os screen to undo this. The sad part is my main system on M.2 drive and my enclosure doesn't work. I thought my Carbon Cloner should take care of boot, but it's dead too. SO... ANOTHER NIGHT

I think that in the last couple of Clover updates you can skip the '_0004' part again.

This is in my current config.plist. shutdown is fine:

<key>Fixes</key>
<dict>
<key>FixShutdown</key>
<true/>
<key>FixWAK</key>
<true/>
</dict>

Same Boat Robvas, my spec is listed in profile, it troubles me a while I don't remember since when maybe the update to 10.13.3 just 2 weeks ago. I searched so much and came to the last resort here seem most promising, but all steps are done, still no luck...my Hack
stills choose automatic reboot at shutdown:beachball:, I kind of hate it now.:lol:

Attachments

• 2018-02-04 at 11.10 PM.jpeg
    2018-02-04 at 11.10 PM.jpeg
    250 KB · Views: 220
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back