Contribute
Register

Does not shutdown (reboot instead), ga-z170mx gaming 5, OS X 10.11.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on Z170X GA Designare and i7 6700K. Sierra 10.12.6 installed. FixShutdown, Halt Enlaber on Clover, ErP enable/disable - no way, everytime re-start after shutdown.

Last edited:
Yes I know maybe a way but not the solution. In this way, a time at five its take bios default parameters

on 5 shutdowns one restarts with bios default parameters(and os no boot)

no, its restart at every shutdown; i sayd in +/- 5 shutdowns, 1 have bios issue(restarts with bios default)

Interesting, I have a Z270x-UD3 and this doesn't work for me.

I think I'm on the latest BIOS though ... maybe I shouldn't have upgraded it!

You should upgrade to the latest BIOS version (F7 for the GA-Z270X-UD3) since it contains a fix for the Intel Skylake and Kaby Lake Hyperthreading Bug.

I have a system with a GA-Z270X-UD5 motherboard on the latest BIOS with a GTX660 graphics card, and it runs MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 great.

Are you trying to install El Capitan or Sierra? You have a Kaby Lake system and you need MacOS Sierra 10.12.6.

You should upgrade to the latest BIOS version (F7 for the GA-Z270X-UD3) since it contains a fix for the Intel Skylake and Kaby Lake Hyperthreading Bug.

I have a system with a GA-Z270X-UD5 motherboard on the latest BIOS with a GTX660 graphics card, and it runs MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 great.

Are you trying to install El Capitan or Sierra? You have a Kaby Lake system and you need MacOS Sierra 10.12.6.

Thanks fo the response!

I'm on 10.12.6 Sierra with the Z270X-UD3 and yep I've got the F7 BIOS. Everything is excellent other than the shutdown thing.

I've got a GTX650 and I thought it ran great on the native Nvidia stuff, but I found a few graphics bugs in a program I use and switched to the Nvidia Web Driver (which fixed that) ... for some reason I have a feeling the shutdown bug started then.

Is that likely? I have a feeling it was actually doing ok when I first got the install working.

Thanks fo the response!

I'm on 10.12.6 Sierra with the Z270X-UD3 and yep I've got the F7 BIOS. Everything is excellent other than the shutdown thing.

I've got a GTX650 and I thought it ran great on the native Nvidia stuff, but I found a few graphics bugs in a program I use and switched to the Nvidia Web Driver (which fixed that) ... for some reason I have a feeling the shutdown bug started then.

Is that likely? I have a feeling it was actually doing ok when I first got the install working.

You mean that the system restarts itself when instructed to shutdown in MacOS Sierra?

You mean that the system restarts itself when instructed to shutdown in MacOS Sierra?

Correct - I give the system the shutdown command from the menu and it seems to shut down, but a few seconds later it powers up again.

I've done some subsequent reading and it appears the Nvidia Web driver can cause shutdown issues for some.

Are you using the Web driver?

Correct - I give the system the shutdown command from the menu and it seems to shut down, but a few seconds later it powers up again.

I've done some subsequent reading and it appears the Nvidia Web driver can cause shutdown issues for some.

Are you using the Web driver?

No, the GTX660 has native support, and I do not need to use the web driver.

This issue seems to be common with Gigabyte motherboards but can be fixed easily. I also encountered this problem on my system, and, once I set the required fix, the problem disappeared.

Check this : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-problem-with-automatic-reboot-at-shutdown.214616/

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back