Contribute
Register

Do you own a real Mac?

Do You Own a Real Mac?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
After years of experience with hackintosh desktop computers and nicely working Probooks I bought me two weeks ago my first MacBook Pro 15 Inch 2015. The software is the same but the user experience is far head of my previous computers.
The new trackpad is a killer. Once used you can't go back. Even not to older MacBooks.

All is fantastic, quick and silent.

Yes, the hackintosh experience was also great but is clearly topped by a real MacBook.

Well done Apple

Yes, there is nothing quite like a MacBook Pro. If I could combine the keyboard of the Thinkpad with the body and Trackpad of the MacBook Pro, that would be my ultimate machine, with a matte finish screen (not glossy).

I got multiple Mac
1985 : Apple IIe
1991: SE 30
2009 : iMac 24"
2014 : iMac 5k

today i need more GPU but nothing is upgradable on my iMac

I've owned a bunch of Macs over the years, especially in the last year or two, starting with a PowerBook 1400c - it had been my Dad's old work Mac and he passed it on to me. I'd play a golf game on it and create notes.

Since then I've had (in order):
  • iMac G3 - Ruby
  • eMac G4 - 700 MHz! Ran Football Manager which is all I used it for!
  • MacBook - late 2008 Unibody Aluminium - Saw me off to college
  • MacBook Air 13" - replaced the 2008
  • MacBook Pro Retina 13" - replaced the Air for better video editing performance
Then picked up:
  • Power Mac G4 - now my main Hackintosh rig
  • Power Mac G4 MDD - now sold since I didn't use it
  • Power Mac G5 - very clean, possible Hacktintosh upgrade
  • Power Book G4 12"
  • MacBook Pro 15" 2008 - was bought "dead" from eBay but a good clean and re-thermal pasting later it worked perfect. Sold as I didn't use it. I miss the 15" screen.
  • MacBook 2007 - Bought dead and flipped it on eBay.
  • MacBook 2008 - I always wanted a Black MacBook, bought with a dead logicboard and replaced it with a mid 2009 board (GeForce 9400m) and now runs El Capitan.
  • iMac G5
Was looking for a Mac Pro for a while but I really wanted to build my own Power Mac G4 Hackintosh. It's not perfect but it's pretty cool when people ask about it when they see it.

The hardware is really what drew me to Mac in the first place. Apple has a long way to go on desktops and gaming, but I love the laptop hardware. If this was for personal use I could stick with the laptop from 2012 for quite a few more years and not bat an eye, as it's work related though, I can justify the cost for the benefits.

iPhone 3 -> 6s Plus

2012 - MacBook Pro Retina
2015 - Convinced work to provide MacBook Pro Retina
2016 - 1st Hackintosh
2016 (late) or 2017 - Upgrade MacBook Pro Retina.

Still have my 2012 Mac Mini. I haven't turned it on since my hack has been running. Sold off all my other Apple computer stuff except for a trackpad 1.

May sell my Mini after Sierra comes but I'm kind of attached to it.

I have went fully wired with a Corsair K65 RGB keyboard and Razer mouse since I switch between Windows 10, OS X and Ubuntu 16.04.

i own a mac pro 5,1 mid 2010 (first apple computer), and hackintosh .

A (partly defective) iMac 27" that works perfectly fine as a display for my Hackintosh, an old C2D MacBook, and an even older iBook G4 from 2004 that still does its job as a media server.

MAC mini 2012....I should install an SSD and use it as center media :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back