Contribute
Register

Do you own a real Mac?

Do You Own a Real Mac?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I started being a Mac fan by converting my DELL Inspiron 1420 into a 90% running Hackintosh (Snow Leopard 10.6.3, no speakers running). After that I built myself a desktop Hackintosh using the Buyers Guide (thanks Tonymacx86!). Months later I purchased a MacBook Pro and sold my old DELL. I love both my desktop and my MacBook, both work like a charm!

I've got a mid-2011 model iMac with Sandy Bridge Core i5 and 12GB RAM. Pretty decent computer actually :p

Yes, I do!
Here is my history...

1. eMac
2. Mac Mini (intel)
3. Macbook Pro 2nd gen (still use it today)
4. iPhone 1, 3GS, 4S, 5S

I just bought a:

-Retina Macbook 12

In addition, our household has:

-Macbook CoreDuo 2.0 Ghz (10.6.8)
-ACD 27" LED
-Magic Mouse
-Wireless Keyboard
-Apple TV
-iPad2
-iPad Mini 2 (retina)
-iPhone 4s

Hackintoshing encourages high-profit margin Apple purchases!

I own two Mac's (Mac-Mini and MacBookAir). I planned to replace my 2009 Mac Mini with the new 2014'er Mac Mini Version. But the current Mac-Mini hardware is that much disappointing that i decided to go for a hackintosh instead.

At the moment not very happy with this decision because of random freezes with Yosemite and the Z97 chipset. I hope that this problem will be solved if Apple starts to support the Z97 chipset. My second hackintosh with Z77 chipset is running very stable.

Same here, as i decided to go for a Mac Mini as they released the new ones and the 2012 model went obscenely expensive. o_O
I do own a Macbook Pro early 2011 too, which i now use for daily business and not longer in my studio. I do not have any issues with my Z97 chipset and Yosemite, even if i already hit one or two bugs in Logic X which are not related to my hardware, as other Mac users hit them too. :mrgreen:

MAC MINI 2012..

and iPad2 an iPhone 6 plus..

Had like ahundred PCs and then got Mac Mini, within 2 hours i was hooked..

You see when your a Windows man your told that Macs are locked down like Ipads n phones and you kinda believe it.. Then you get the Mac and WOW its more like using Linux and no way is it locked down, the terminal works just as it should and the reliability is incredible..

So yeah a year later you build a MacHack and life is good !!

(well thats my story anyways!)

T7

I lost count on the no. of iPods, iPads, iPhones, AppleTVs there are in the house. Literally :)

Given that it's a Mac related thread, here it goes:

1. G4 PPC
2. Mac Mini Late 2012 - got it for $500 CDN brand new
3. Mac Mini Late 2012 (yep, 2nd one) - mint condition for $400 CDN including wireless Apple keyboard - had to get it
4. MacBook Pro Retina Late 2012
5. CustoMacs - lost count as well - 4 or something :)

iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2010)
Xserve w/2 Xserve-Raids G5 a1068
Mac G4
2 apple tv's
160gb ipod classic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back