Contribute
Register

Do you own a real Mac?

Do You Own a Real Mac?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a 2012 15" Retina MacBook Pro. I've only ever owned Apple laptops but for desktops I always build my own as I like to do gaming so go down the Hackintosh route and dual boot with Windows.

I have a couple real Macs. Didn't really start hackintoshing until my Mac Pro's board died this past November. Had an old hack that I messed around with at the time but built a new one when the Mac Pro died.

• 2003 PowerBook G4 17" 1.33GHz (Leopard)
  • 2006 Mac Pro 1,1 flashed to a 2,1 (Yosemite)
  • 2008 MacBook Pro 13" Core 2 Duo (Yosemite)
  • 2010 MacBook Pro 15" i7 (Yosemite)

I own an old core 2 duo mac mini and a recent 13 inch retina MBP.
The mac mini form factor is nice but the price has always been an astounding rip off based on the hardware inside. Ditto for most Apple all in ones which are pretty to look at but performance crippled by their innards and form factors.
The 13 inch MBP on the other hand is a pretty good value considering the light weight, excellent screen, battery life, 256gb SSD and 8gb RAM. I consider it one of the best pre-built machines I have ever owned but I have owned high end Windows laptops I would consider superior overall values. I would never consider the 15 inch MBP as the price is pathetically out of line with what is inside it and how it performs.
I am not so fond of OSX. its ancient GUI and other issues but that hardly matters for how I use my MBP and I use it nearly every day.
I have been doing desktop based Hackintosh since Snow Leopard primarily to compare color management between OSX and Windows. Since I spent so much time learning to Hackintosh (the tools on this site are awesome) I keep up with it. However what I learned was not to waste expensive ink printing color photos under OSX.

I own a MBP 2012. Needed it for teaching sound technology. Just purchased a MAC Pro. The updates were killing me But still have my Hackintosh which is almost as fast and costs much less.

My family uses one early-2009 24" iMac with 8GB of 1067 MHz DDR3 RAM. It is in our living room and we use it for movies, music, internet and small office purposes. It is not the fastest Mac but it definitely looks beautiful and works like it should. :)

I have owned an Apple computer since my first Apple IIe in 1983.
I currently have an iMac Intel Core 2 Duo and a MacBook Pro Retina 13".

I built my first Hackintosh in 2011 when my PowerMac G4 1.42 MDD died. I now have two Hackintosh's , one used as a DVR and the other I use daily.
Both work great thanks to this website.

I have several Macs hanging around here:

Classic II
PowerMac 8500
PowerMac G4
PowerMac G5
MacPro (first generation, 2008)

Mac IIsi (hackintoshed some time ago)
PowerMac 8550 Server (hackintoshed some time ago)
another PowerMac G4 (hackintoshed some time ago)

always had some mac and hackintosh together. Right now it's two mac mini ans one imac, only one hack but it's the workstation...

I used to have a Mid 2011 27" iMac. And a 2007 MacBook Pro. The macbook pro was stolen. (some bastard broke into my apt) and the iMac I sold it, and with the money I build my hackintosh. :headbang: So, as of right now. I don't own any Mac, but I still have access to one iMac at my job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back