Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
My first time building any computer. So i apologize if I've missed something big or obvious. If so, kindly point me in the right direction and I'll continue reading :)

My Build:
i7 3770 (no overclocking)
Stock Heat sink fan
GIgabyte z77x ud5h
corsair vengeance 32GB 1600
MSI GTX 670 2GB
Corsair HX650 PSU(Gold Cert version)
sandisk ultra 120 SSD Moutain Lion Drive (as linked in builder's guide)
Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 rpm
Roswill Wifi N900 PCE

My question(s):
Since I initially booted using "-x", After running multibeast, will I need to:
Press F12 upon each start up, Select my SSD, Press any key while the status bar loads under the mountain lion icon, and enter "-x" to boot in safe mode every time?

Are their drivers or other things I'm missing as a result of booting via "-x"??
Can I set up the system so I can simply power on and let Mountain Lion Boot up?
I don't have windows installed yet and may not ever, if I don't have to.

Below is a longer explanation of what I've done up to this point.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and help out.

My first time through loading Mountain Lion I got to step 4:

"1. Turn on the computer
2. Press the hotkey to choose boot device

• If you have a Gigabyte motherboard press F12
  • If you have a ASUS motherboard, press F8
3. Choose USB-HDD
4. At the Chimera Boot Screen, choose your new Mountain Lion installation."

HERE IT STAYED ON THE APPLE LOADING SCREEN
(I was only previously able to get into the installation by using "-x" every time)

But now, I couldn't get back into the operating system regardless of how I booted. It always hung at the apple loading screen.

I read a post here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...108389-help-new-install-going-fine-until.html

discussing the same issue and installing the native graphics card actually made it easier for one builder.

So I started from scratch and did the same, this time with my GTX 670 installed. I had more success but also installed a few more things from MultiBeast than i did the first time. The first time using multibeast I only ran the DSDT free installation figuring I'd install one thing at a time possibly making it easier to trouble shoot. The second time with my 670 installed I installed:
DSDT free
ALC889
IOAHCI Block Storage Injector
TRIM Enabler
10.8.0+ OpenCL Patch
NullCPUPowerManagement
ElliottForceLegacyRTC and EvOreboot
AppleRTL8169Ethernet
mac pro 3,1 System definition

It's really challenging for me to determine why the boot up wanted to freeze at the apple loading screen, what may have corrected it, and what I'll have to continue to do to access Mountain Lion. Why would I care why something worked? I'm mainly concerned if I should be anticipating navigating through the system a certain way as a result of the actions I've taken thus far and I'm curious if I've missed any big steps that I should be aware of.

Thank you,

6Dwanderer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back