Contribute
Register

Do I have to remove my Win8.1 installation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI GE70-2OE
CPU
i7-4700MQ
Graphics
Intel HD 4600
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Do I have to remove my Win8 installation?

Hi,

I recently bought a GE70 2OE laptop and I want to run dualboot on it, but I would like to know if I have to reinstall my windows partition?

I have a MSI GE70 2OE laptop that has a RAID0 128GB SSD (2x 64GB mSATA) and a 1TB rpm5400 WD Caviar.
My Windows 8 install is installed on the SSD and I would like to make a small partition on my secondary drive for a MAC OS X Maverick install (so that I can use Logic Pro for school).

I've read many articles and forumposts and to be honest I have no idea what I should use as there are so many tutorials.

I checked the BIOS and I am unable to switch, so I have to use Clover multiboot since I am stuck on EUFI.

I hope anyone has some answers for me or can push me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance!

It is recommended to disconnect the Windows drives when installing OS X. A good system image for the windows install and a backup of the system on an external drive is also highly recommended.
If that WG Caviar is a green you might have problems with boot0 error or might not if using clover.

For actually installing OS X on the laptop, try posting in the laptop forum - http://www.tonymacx86.com/laptops/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back