Contribute
Register

Do Apple Peripherals Enhance the Mac Experience?

Do you think Apple Peripherals Enhance the Hack experience?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all in what you like, and what you need- some people desire a 32 button mouse and programmable keyboard.

I really love the apple peripherals and prefer using an Apple keyboard + Magic Trackpad to any other input devices.

The track pad can very nice when used in conjunction with a mouse in my opinion. Especial when working in Adobe illustrator and other similar programs.

I actually prefer older style noisy keyboards and logitech mice. I have always found the ergonomics and scrolling on Apple mice frustrating. Even though I now primarily use a real macbook air, I still prefer going elsewhere for my peripherals.

That said, Apple does make some really elegant hardware and the Apple keyboard I use at work is fantastic, but I requested a Logitech mouse and sometimes miss my clacky keyboard.

True true. I love my Logitech k750 keyboard made for mac. I use the latest apple keyboard at work and
prefer the Logitech k750 in every way, no wires, no batteries that I have to change, almost had it a year now and so far performs as advertised. My Logitech mouse works well too, had for a year and haven't changed batteries yet, actually they will probably last another year at least. It's also nice to keep my black theme going throughout with all my products, nice to have the customization.

I used to own a 27" iMac and used the apple keyboard along with it I tried both trackpad and the new mightymouse.
I struggled for quite some time to get used to it, but failed in a bigg kaind of way.
They really don´t suite my kind of needs and usage, well mabye the keybord is OK but the trackpad and mouse really aren´t anything for me.

With my current HackPro I´m using Logitech Solar Keybord 750 MacEdition(Black) along with a Razer Mamba(mouse).
Really loving the setup and it fits my needs perfectly fine.

I think they enhance the mac experience alot!

Sadly the only peripheral I own is the wired Apple Keyboard - which I still think is gorgeous!

I like the Magic Trackback to... but it's just not capable of replacing my Wacom Intuose 5 :)

By the way....when I get the time for it i'll im planning on building my hack into an old G5-case - just to further enhance the experience!

:)

I use an Apple Keyboard and a Magic Trackpad and my case is a G5 mod. I started out with the keyboard and trackpad from a purely functional standpoint, but the G5 mod was just something I wanted to do after I saw eelhead's mod on this forum. It took me forever and I wasted a lot of money unnecessarily because I kept trying to cut corners and save money (would have cost a whole lot less and taken 1/4th the time if I just bought the correct tools instead of improvising). I love having a desktop that feels like a real Mac, so in the end, it was all worth it to me.

I couldn't stand the mighty mouse scroll ball gumming up. They really sucked for years...
But I love the magic mouse more then any other mouse I have ever owned! http://www.apple.com/magicmouse/

I do not like the wireless keyboard because I prefer the a ctrl key on each side. Further the Fn function key is in a terrible place.
So I opted for the full sized USB keyboard and loved it for many years - but then one day I had a fish tank leak run across my desk and wick up the little rubber feet on the bottom and ruin the keyboard. (might work by now..)

So I bought a Logitech wireless full sized keyboard K750/mac, solar so never needs batteries and each key has a slight depression and it is the best feeling keyboard ever! http://www.logitech.com/en-us/keyboards/keyboards/wireless-solar-keyboard-k750-mac

So some products are winners others are not - in my opinion the Logitech K750mac keyboard is better then any of Apple's.

My 2 bits...

I have a love/hate relationship with my Magic Mouse. When it works well, I love it. When I start having problems hitting the middle and right "buttons" (frequently) I curse at it. I find myself switching back and forth between it and a cheap Amazon Basics wireless mouse sometimes.

But I love my low profile Apple aluminum keyboard (with full number keypad)!

have two apple wired keyboard am quite fond of them although im tempted by the logitech k750,
have magic mouse/ trackpad i dont use them because the magic mouse batteries dont last long troublesome when dual booting. trackpad dual booting problems will work reasonably well on w7 but wont pair on/off between dual booting battery life is a lot better. although i miss gestures find accuracy a problem too

using a logitech dark-field anywhere mouse I've had a few pc mice this while trying to find the right one this is the best comprise for me.

mighty mice i hate them with great vengeance terrible mice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back