Contribute
Register

Do Apple Peripherals Enhance the Mac Experience?

Do you think Apple Peripherals Enhance the Hack experience?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-X58A-UD3R
CPU
Core i7 950
Graphics
AMD Radeon HD 6970
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Windows Phone
What do you think? I feel like the keyboards and trackpads feel much nicer to work with than my old pc peripherals i used with my hack. If you use anything other than the magic trackpad you have no idea what you are missing out on!

I use the Apple Keyboard as everything is labelled correctly ;) That is really the only reason :)

I have a magic mouse for my laptop, but use a Logitech Darkfield for my desktop (this could be because I've not set up bluetooth yet :)).

In some cases I think the addition of the Apple peripherals does enhance the experience, but it could also come down to wanting your PC to appear more Mac-like than it is in reality :) But that's half the fun isn't it??

bwhinnen said:
I use the Apple Keyboard as everything is labelled correctly ;) That is really the only reason :)

I have a magic mouse for my laptop, but use a Logitech Darkfield for my desktop (this could be because I've not set up bluetooth yet :)).

In some cases I think the addition of the Apple peripherals does enhance the experience, but it could also come down to wanting your PC to appear more Mac-like than it is in reality :) But that's half the fun isn't it??

Having the Mac appearance is very bi-winning.

i think its mainly a psychological thing.
i have a hack, it works like a mac and through the screen it looks like a mac.
but it isnt one.

so 1 thing at a time, i feel like getting real mac parts.
starts with the keyboard. now i want a trackpad (apple mice are carp)
ive got a g5 case that i want to convert as well.
its never ending

samisnake said:
i think its mainly a psychological thing.
i have a hack, it works like a mac and through the screen it looks like a mac.
but it isnt one.

so 1 thing at a time, i feel like getting real mac parts.
starts with the keyboard. now i want a trackpad (apple mice are carp)
ive got a g5 case that i want to convert as well.
its never ending

I know apple is like a drug. I used to hate it but now i tried it and cant get off of it

upton_oliver said:
What do you think? I feel like the keyboards and trackpads feel much nicer to work with than my old pc peripherals i used with my hack.
Totally !

Using the Apple BlueTooth Keyboard + Magic Trackpad...

If you use anything other than the magic trackpad you have no idea what you are missing out on!
100% agree !

The one Apple peripheral I like is their low profile keyboard, great to work with and easier to keep clean (as opposed to the older style keyboards where bits of food with get stuck inside and possible start its own eco system within).
But it think that's the only one good peripheral they have. I've owned things like their Might Mouse and such. While finding them to be beautifully designed, were massively flawed, as well as not being cheap.
An easy example would be the Mighty Mouse, very clever in it's design but the buttons between left and right clicks seemed to cross over all too offen, as well as the scroll ball clogging up very quickly (more so durring thr summer months :lol: )
Not to mention the wireless version had terrible battery life (and I hear the new ones are no better), eating through 2 [expensive] AAs every couple of weeks.

All I know is that their keyboards and mice are horrid. And in my opinion, which is only an opinion, I would rather embrace the fact that I am savvy enough to throw the OS on a PC machine, than have it look like a counterfeit apple product from china. :3

It's all in what you like, and what you need- some people desire a 32 button mouse and programmable keyboard.

I really love the apple peripherals and prefer using an Apple keyboard + Magic Trackpad to any other input devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back