Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Okay. So i understand most of this but i am still new to the Hackintosh community. I am confused, do all motherboards need DSDT'S? I was on the DSDT page and i do not see anything for my motherboard. All help is appreciated.
The motherboard model is GA-H87-D3H

I am confused, do all motherboards need DSDT'S?
Yes. All Intel (chip set) motherboards have a dsdt; search acpi. You may chose to use the native dsdt or install an edited dsdt to activate non native features, such as OS X HDMI audio.

I'd like to find a DSDT for my <b>GA-Z77X-UD5H</b>.

What do you mean by "search acpi"?

Hello all, I'm a hackintosh newb but not a computer newb. Thanks for all the info and effort on this site really awesome job.

I have a Dell Inspiron 660 and the MB is proprietary. So I'm not sure what DSDT to get. If it just installs HDMI audio than its ok for me to not get.

Any help would be appreciated.

PS i'm preparing for my first install. It looks like installing Snow Leopard first is the safest thing to do unless the experts may suggest another means.

thanks

I've read in numerous posts where Gigabyte boards do not require a DSDT, other than to add HDMI audio capability, however, I recently discovered that on both of my GA-Z77N-WIFI builds, the (4) USB3 ports will not mount any of my thumb drives, iPhone or iPad.

Will this be corrected by using PJALM's DSDT that is available for my mobo?

Thank you!

Hi I'm new to all this too.
I'm getting more confused each time I think I have a grasp on it.
Do I definitely need a DSDT for my board ? It's an Asus P8P67 Deluxe Rev 3 (UEFI BIOS Version 3602)
I'm sure I read somewhere that I cannot downgrade my current BIOS so I can use an older DSDT (from the database)
From what I've read, I think I do need one. So is the best idea to make my own DSDT?

If I do (and ) do I need to:

1. Install OS X
2. Extract DSDT
3. Patch DSDT
4. Apply DSDT (using multibeast)

I'm going to try install OS X this evening for first time.
Will I be able to get to a point where I can extract the DSDT without having one to begin with ?? If that makes sense.
I mean, will I be able to get into OSX with just multibeast alone and then extract the DSDT and patch it ?
Thanks any help greatly appreciated. Great forum and terrific work done here.
It can be a bit daunting. There is so much information. Trying to get my head around it bit by bit

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back