Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
B365 M AORUS ELITE-CF
CPU
Intel I7 9700KF
Graphics
AMD RX 570 8GB
Hi, i have an Intel i7 9700kf working just fine with Mojave, but i bought a PCI E wifi adapter that doesn't work. The thing is, even if that adapter doesn't work, it doesn't allow me to use my USB WIFI adapter, so i'm litterally out of internet. Is there any way that i can disable my PCI E card so i can use my USB WIFI card? Thanks!

Hi, i have an Intel i7 9700kf working just fine with Mojave, but i bought a PCI E wifi adapter that doesn't work. The thing is, even if that adapter doesn't work, it doesn't allow me to use my USB WIFI adapter, so i'm litterally out of internet. Is there any way that i can disable my PCI E card so i can use my USB WIFI card? Thanks!

Why not just remove the PCI-e wireless card that does not work?

If this is because you dual-boot, into Windows perhaps, then there should be no reason why your USB adapter will not work instead.

Give us more details.

:)

Thanks for the quick response! Heh, forgot to tell you that i'm double booting with windows, exactly.

then there should be no reason why your USB adapter will not work instead.
Yeah! That's my point. It's weird as hell, but since i plugged in the PCIe wireless card there's no way to get the WIFI stick to work (i'm not even getting a light on the thing, even though i've tested it on other pcs and works like a charm). And bc of this problem the windows boot has become my main OS since i use a lot of internet to work.
The app that makes my USB stick work as a wifi card is called Wireless network utility, and i have version 5.0.4 installed.

The stick is a TP-LINK Archer T4U and the PCI card is also TP Link but i don't have the model at hand.

Thanks a lot!

Thanks for the quick response! Heh, forgot to tell you that i'm double booting with windows, exactly.

Yeah! That's my point. It's weird as hell, but since i plugged in the PCIe wireless card there's no way to get the WIFI stick to work (i'm not even getting a light on the thing, even though i've tested it on other pcs and works like a charm). And bc of this problem the windows boot has become my main OS since i use a lot of internet to work.
The app that makes my USB stick work as a wifi card is called Wireless network utility, and i have version 5.0.4 installed.

The stick is a TP-LINK Archer T4U and the PCI card is also TP Link but i don't have the model at hand.

Thanks a lot!

That's okay, I have used a TP-Link T4U. You can make it work. No problem.

As well as the official beta TP-Link drivers available from their web-site for Catalina, I would recommend the work of @chris-1111 and his Realtek drivers. Here's a link to the Big Sur version (you don't tell us which macOS version you are using):

https://github.com/chris1111/Wireless-USB-Big-Sur-Adapter

:)

Thanks a lot! I'm using Mojave. Plugging and unplugging got me to figure out that the problem is only when i plug the wifi pci card and its bluetooth connector. So i guess i'll unplug the bluetooth connector and use another one i've got lying around. Downloading the drivers so i can make it work. Thanks a lot again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back