Contribute
Register

Disable intel integrated graphics to use nvidia discrete graphics instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh sorry, should I edit that out?

Sorry I know this is been discussed a few times before!

Wondering if the nvidia 740m is still not possible to work under Mavericks or Yosemite:
I bought a laptop without intending it to be a hackintosh and can't afford a new machine now :/

Sorry I know this is been discussed a few times before!

Wondering if the nvidia 740m is still not possible to work under Mavericks or Yosemite:
I bought a laptop without intending it to be a hackintosh and can't afford a new machine now :/

The discrete graphics capability in a switched dual-GPU configuration is not supported with OS X on hacks. Best you can do is disable the discrete part with SSDT/DSDT patches.

Yep, I've done that thanks!
Is there any way I'd be able to get a second monitor running on the intel hd 4600 card? Preferably via the unused vga out, or any other way?

Yep, I've done that thanks!
Is there any way I'd be able to get a second monitor running on the intel hd 4600 card? Preferably via the unused vga out, or any other way?

VGA is not supported. You can use HDMI or DP for an external monitor.

thanks for the reply. So with my setup:

1 x hdmi out
1 x vga (not supported)

can I get a total of 2 external monitors with the intel integrated graphics card? Would more than 1 display work with the hdmi out, or would I have to use something like a USB > hdmi box?

cheers in advance!

thanks for the reply. So with my setup:

1 x hdmi out
1 x vga (not supported)

can I get a total of 2 external monitors with the intel integrated graphics card? Would more than 1 display work with the hdmi out, or would I have to use something like a USB > hdmi box?

cheers in advance!

With only one working external port, your laptop supports only a single external monitor.

You would need some sort of USB video adapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back